CoinPeople.com

What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

I'm trying to get a set of those pesos among other things.

Well, the same dealer is going to be at another local show in 3 weeks, so if you want, send a list of the dates you need and the prices you'd pay and I'd be happy to pick some up for you. As I recall, they had a lot of nice unc. ones from the 1930s and 1940s for prices ranging from $5 to $9 (and when they tally it up they usually take a little off too!). Just let me know.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the same dealer is going to be at another local show in 3 weeks, so if you want, send a list of the dates you need and the prices you'd pay and I'd be happy to pick some up for you.  As I recall, they had a lot of nice unc. ones from the 1930s and 1940s for prices ranging from $5 to $9 (and when they tally it up they usually take a little off too!).  Just let me know.

Did that guy happen to have any old mexican coppers from the 1830's-1840's? Or any of the old mexican style silvers? (liberty capped obverse) It's hard to find that kinda stuff around here at a reasonable price anymore.

Did that guy happen to have any old mexican coppers from the 1830's-1840's? Or any of the old mexican style silvers? (liberty capped obverse) It's hard to find that kinda stuff around here at a reasonable price anymore.

I didn't really look for coppers since I am mainly into silver. I know he has some older 8-reales going back to the 1700s, but those are not unc and not cheap! They may be good prices for what they are, but they were between $200 and $800 which was more than I wanted to spend on a Mexican coin right now. If there is something you are really looking for, let me know and I'll take a look. This dealer is based in Kalamazoo I believe and tends to come to all the montly local shows.

I didn't really look for coppers since I am mainly into silver.  I know he has some older 8-reales going back to the 1700s, but those are not unc and not cheap!  They may be good prices for what they are, but they were between $200 and $800 which was more than I wanted to spend on a Mexican coin right now.  If there is something you are really looking for, let me know and I'll take a look.  This dealer is based in Kalamazoo I believe and tends to come to all the montly local shows.

Ooof, yeah I don't think I wanna spend 200-800 on them lol. I was looking for moderately priced liberty capped silver, around 20-30 dollars and old mexican coppers like the one below, hand hammered copper is nifty! :ninja:

zve69e.jpg

I finally found a nice one at a nice price.  I wanted one with more color, but this one will do. :ninja:

DSCN0887.jpg

DSCN0891.jpg

Is that ms-66 or better? It looks absolutely gorgeous. Nice hauls guys.

I got 4 nice foreign coins from Tiffibunny, will post pics shortly!

My dad gave me an old box of coins for my B-day. An 1831 Bust half AU w/2 letters cut into obv. a handful of colonial-era coins (all rough except a 1654 farthing) he found while looking for Native American Artifacts in my area, a few old Japanese peso bills, and 10 buffalo nickels, 2 indian head cents, a flying eagle cent, and an 1818 large cent, all ground recovery coins. I don't him often, but when I do he always seems to give me stuff lol. My dads a nice guy, too bad we don't get to hangout more, meh.

Will also post pics soon.

Here is the Chile Peso I got from Tiff, just love this coin. Also I put two other new ones including a 08-S indian I just got on my Omnicoin

104l215.jpg

Today I received a catalog

2004 north american

Coins & Prices

13th Edition

ISBN 0-87349-711-2

It's my first catalog about American Coins, and now I know that I'll never be complete  :ninja: The prices are so high  :lol:

Marvin

Now you know why I avoided US coins in the first place, exept I really regret it nowadays as Russian coins seem to be more expensive than US coins these days :cry:

Today I received a catalog

2004 north american

Coins & Prices

13th Edition

ISBN 0-87349-711-2

It's my first catalog about American Coins, and now I know that I'll never be complete  :lol: The prices are so high  :cry:

Marvin

Just wait till you see the 2006 edition! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...