What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday I received my signed copy of Roger Burdette's "Renaissance of American Coinage."  I've only breezed through the pictures so far but this book seems like a fantastic work!

I've heard good things about this book. There are two different versions, if I've been told correctly. If so, which do you have?

I hadn't heard about the two versions, mine is the one that covers 1905-08, the only other version I've heard of was one that covered the minor denomination coins of the teens, but I am not sure that's out yet. Roger Burdette is a member of the NGC forums (RWB is his ID) and I just PM'ed him and he told me how to order it. Many fascinating things, unfortunately I have so little time and about 12 books on my reading list for the summer!

I did a google search and found this info:

Renaissance of American Coinage 1905-1908 is the second of three books exploring the coinage redesign of 1907-1921. A companion volume covering the 1916-1921 period (ISBN 0-9768986-0-8, available from the publisher.) was released in October 2005, and a third volume covering 1909-1915 is planned for release in 2007.

The book is available direct from Seneca Mill Press LLC, PO Box 1423, Great Falls VA 22066 for $64.95 plus $4.50 postage

If you would like a signed copy, just contact Roger through the NGC board and you can request one that is personalized or just signed at no extra cost (you can also just include a note requesting it be signed when you mail in your order).

Naw, I'm just a sucker for shiny things!

Really nice PL morgan! I think they look awesome, I just never got around to getting one....I just buy everything else lol.

The mailman was good to me last week! This first one I got in a trade with Vfox (so it's mine as long as he likes the Mexican coins I sent him!). I believe it's an O-102 or O-102a, but I am having a hard time with some of the details to attribute it with certainty.

1809p50cobv.JPG

1809p50crev.JPG

This next one just arrived today for my type set, and no it does not have an S mintmark on the reverse! :ninja: These small coins are really hard to photograph in NGC slabs!

1870p5cobv.JPG

1870p5crev.JPG

And this one is just another hole filler in my set, so I figured I'd pick it up while prices are down!

1925p20dobv.JPG

1925p20drev.JPG

The mailman was good to me last week! This first one I got in a trade with Vfox (so it's mine as long as he likes the Mexican coins I sent him!). I believe it's an O-102 or O-102a, but I am having a hard time with some of the details to attribute it with certainty.

It is the 102 not the "a" model.

Jim

I received the last of my trades from Marvin yesterday:

2005German.JPG

I LOVE those crazy looking eagles on those coins, I need to get some of those, too bad my dealer only has a limited amount of good foriegn coins. :lol: Hmm, maybe I shall post a want list in the ad forum?! :ninja: Nice stuff man!

Vfox, I am sure Marvin will be happy to trade German coins with those crazy eagles for American coins on his want list (and it's a pretty long want list!). :ninja:

I don't know what it is, but these German coins are starting to grow on me a little! :lol: