CoinPeople.com

What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

I just got these two in the mail today. The first is a nice Morgan I needed for my AU/BU set in a Dansco that I bought from a member of the NGC forum:

1887o1dobv.JPG

1887o1drev.JPG

This second one was a nice merc I bought from Blackhawk, I mainly got it because it is my Dad's birth year.

1941d10cobv.JPG

1941d10crev.JPG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice coins. Au/BU Morgans -- that's a serious undertaking. Lots of work to find all of those puppies in the right condition.

Nice coins. Au/BU Morgans -- that's a serious undertaking. Lots of work to find all of those puppies in the right condition.

I never said it was a quick undertaking! :ninja: On the first book I have 29 out of 48 and on the second book I have 19 out of 48, needless to say the real expensive ones are still empty holes!

I never said it was a quick undertaking! ;) On the first book I have 29 out of 48 and on the second book I have 19 out of 48, needless to say the real expensive ones are still empty holes!

That's got to be a terrific set. Enjoy it. :ninja:

Thanks guys! It seems like 1809 is becoming one of those dates that I can't resist when I see them! In my view it is certainly one of the underrated dates in the series, as 8 of the 23 Overton varieties are rated R-5, I just haven't found any of them yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while since I've made an update, so here are some coins I received in the last few weeks. This first one is a 1941 cent I bought from Doogy for a year set for my Dad:

1941p1cobv.JPG

1941p1crev.JPG

This next one is a German 2-euro commem for 2007 that I traded with Marvin:

2007p2euro.JPG

This next one is a pile of silver Mexican pesos I bought today at the coin show:

1943pesos.JPG

And this last one is a French 100 Fr. Piedfort commemorating the Statue of Liberty centennial, contains almost an ounce of silver which I bought for melt at the show today.

1986p100fobv.JPG

1986p100frev.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a 2007 BU set of the French euro coins today. While I don't collect those coins "by year" (just by type), I had :ninja: to get those - like the pieces from most other euro countries, this year's coins from FR have the updated map of Europe on the common sides.

And on Sunday we met friends of us from the US who are currently "touring Europe"; got one of the new $1 circulation coins aka GW Dollars from them. Well, Liberty looks good, but the portrait is not that thrilling ...

Christian

Payment from Bobbycoin for some banknotes

A Czech 10 kcs note purchased at auction as Unc, but it is VF :ninja:

Set of Paderborn Germany Notgelds, one with the defecating donkey (got two sets by accident, send one back)

A Greek 50 Drachma from 1964 in Uncirculated

A Swedish 50 Krona in Unc, with Jenny Lind on it.

Today I got the Hungarian "Treaty of Rome" coin. It has basically the same design as the coins of the joint €2 commem program but is a 50 forint Cu-Ni piece. The size is roughly the same as that of the €2 coins ...

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

A few items for my Signature Set---

2007S Silver Washington State Quarter PF69UC

2001P Vermont State Quarter MS66W