CoinPeople.com

What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

The mailman was good to me this weekend! First I received a nice 1952-D quarter on Friday that I bought from a guy on the NGC forums:

1952d15cobv.JPG

1952d25crev.JPG

Then yesterday I got my prize from Blackhawk for the Wright Brothers contest:

2000l5dobv.JPG

2000l5drev.JPG

Finally, this one didn't come in the US mail, but ironically came in the interoffice mail at work! It's a medal commemorating the first trading of the NYSE after their merger with Archipelago. It's about the size of a silver dollar, not sure of the composition, but I thought it was neat anyway.

nysemedalobv.JPG

nysemedalrev.JPG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Big items:

1lb Potassium Nitrate

1lb Potassium Phosphate

1lb Calcium Carbonate

1lb Magnesium Sulfate

1lb Plantex CSM+B

500mL of CO2 replacement

Settle down. It's for a fish tank :ninja:

Also got a package of 18 GB Pennies from jtryka

Big items:

1lb Potassium Nitrate

1lb Potassium Phosphate

1lb Calcium Carbonate

1lb Magnesium Sulfate

1lb Plantex CSM+B

500mL of CO2 replacement

Settle down. It's for a fish tank :ninja:

Also got a package of 18 GB Pennies from jtryka

I thought you were going to do some weird experiements!

I received my first Barber dime (in a decent grade) to start my new series.

Just arrived today from a Heritage Auction.

1914 AU 58. Handsome coin.

I can't figure out how to upload the pics nicely, so here is the link for you Heritage members out there: http://coins.heritageauctions.com/common/v...dNo=6010&zoom=1

• 3 weeks later...

Got two commems yesterday - one from Belgium, one from Liechtenstein. The Belgian coin is the one that I mentioned in this discussion http://www.coinpeople.com/BE-10-Bois-du-Cazier-t10836.html ... That one I like; interesting occasion for a commem, and the design is OK too.

The other one http://www.coinpeople.com/Liechtenstein-to...oins-t7524.html well, I don't really want to say I regret the purchase, but that is because this is my very first LI coin. The design - örks. :ninja:

Christian

No pics but got a box (20 lbs or so) of coins from Mexico. It will probably take until the end of the year to sort through it.

Received it over the weekend but just saw it for the first time:

1916 MS-62 Barber dime

won it sight-unseen on a heritage auction. was worried because they usually have fantastic pictures and sometimes they don't list in text if the coin is cleaned/damaged. :lol:

Luckily, she is beautiful, retains most luster, and not damaged/cleaned! :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The mailman was good to me yesterday (picking up where the Fedex guy couldn't seem to accomplish):

2006s5dobv.JPG

2006s5drev.JPG

Very nice Jeff, is that gold or base metal? (because it's you I'll assume gold lol)

Very nice Jeff, is that gold or base metal? (because it's you I'll assume gold lol)

This is the new San Francisco Old Mint commemorative, so this is a legitimate half eagle (0.24187 oz. pure gold), same composition as from 1840-1929. The reverse is taken from the Longacre design in use when the earthquake struck in 1906. The silver dollar commem has the reverse of the Morgan dollar (last used in 1904). I am still waiting for the proof half eagle and the two silver dollars (scheduled on 12/15).