CoinPeople.com

What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

I sent them an e-mail, haven't heard back yet. I would be willing to return it for a full refund, or get some sort of credit for my next purchase (there's only about a $200 difference between a 62 and 63), or I keep it until I find an upgrade and never do business with that company again. We'll see.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the last few days have been pretty good! First, here is a coin I picked up at our last coin club meeting, which completes my set of business strike 2-cent coins (finding a descent small motto 1864 is tough when the motto is usually the first thing worn smooth!). I tried to get it in enough light to see the motto, and although I don't have a photo of a large motto to compare it with, you can see that the letters are short and fat, while the LM letters are tall and skinny.

1864p2csm.JPG

Next I got a nice silver round from the meeting for only $10, and it had such a nice liberty seated design I couldn't resist. Next to it is a 2000 Libertad which fills another hole in my set (when all is said and done, I need only a 2003 to complete the set now).

silver11.JPG

Next are the two key dates for the Libertad series that I received yesterday in the mail. The 1998 is the absolute key date as the mintage is only 67,000. The other key date is the 1987, and in this case I bought the 1987 doubled die variety, which you can see better in the close up photo, where there are two dots in the ".999" the numbers are also clearly doubled but harder to see here.

silver10.JPG

silver12.JPG

That's a nice coin.

it is ... i like the small touch of color. unfortunately these are a PITA for folks who don't live in Canada--their license to use the olympic rings only permits these to be sold in Canada, so I had to order them and have them sent to a friend who then forwarded me the package.

I got these yesterday in the mail:

silver14.JPG

I went a little crazy a weekend ago on eBay with this one seller. I got a kick out of those big silver $5 from the Bahamas, and you know I love the balboas! I have an extra of the proof half balboa and will likely put that up on the auction forum.

A few goodies arrived in the mail yesterday.

1) Don Quixote 2€ that I got from Spain_number1. It's a beauty. Thanks Alfonso.

2) A very nice piece of exonumia from the Bill. It's the Kagen token from Bill's contest. It's great. Thanks Bill.

3) Some bills that need to be paid. Anyone want to send a donation? :ninja:

Yep, I will donate my bills to your cause. :cry:

Different interpretation of my request. I was hoping for cash. I already have more than enough bills. :lol:

:ninja:;) You got me on this one......