What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The mailman FINALLY brought me something worth posting. Today I received the Australian 2002 CommonWealth Games trimetallic (copper, silver and gold) $50 coin. Outstanding and in a league of its own and I managed to locate one right here in the U.S.! Only 5,000 made and I am proud to add it to my world collection!

The mailman FINALLY brought me something worth posting. Today I received the Australian 2002 CommonWealth Games trimetallic (copper, silver and gold) $50 coin. Outstanding and in a league of its own and I managed to locate one right here in the U.S.! Only 5,000 made and I am proud to add it to my world collection!

WOW. :ninja: I saw that coin in a local coin store and I must admit it is an impressive coin, perhaps only to match one Slovakian commemorative coin that I have in mind. Congradulations! ;)

Well, this arrived yesterday and technically it's not a coin but a reproduction of a continental dollar. It is oversize and made from 2 ounces of silver. I bought it on a whim, bid melt and ended up winning it for under $10 delivered. There is also a photo next to a silver dollar to see the size difference.

1776p1d1.JPG

1776p1d2.JPG

1776p1d3.JPG

Not a darn thing coin related.

Well...I guess there was something. Parents sent me a pair of gloves to handle some of my more expensive coins. Moving the 1900 Morgan I have to the type album almost gave me a heart attack!

Mailman didn't bring anything (it is Sunday) but I did pick a few up at a coin show today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/burks/new2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/burks/new1.jpg

Two very nice pieces.

Good Numisday at my house.

1) Notgeld book from ANA Library

2) Some Lincolns for my folders from Jtryka

3) Jtryka's note for the Short Snorter 2006 Project

4) A neat coin from AuctionMonster from ccg.

Details later. I'm in the middle of putting up a big piece of molding.