CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it has a green seal, it is most likely a worn series 1988 (small size $1 FRNs weren't issued until the 1960s). 

Yesterday I got a 1940 nickel and a 1959-D cent at lunch.

Yeah I went to my dealer today, and remembered it was in my wallet, he said it looks like someone restamped a 3 where a 8 once was. He also said the only made series 1935 and didnt make anything else until series 1957...both silver certificates. Interesting though...it'll be spent shortly, maybe someone here will find it lol.

I got my first East Caribbean States quarter of 2002 out of circulation today. Really nifty boat on the back of it, it was mixed in with the normal US quarters in my till. Au/Unc, nice coin.

I forget what this error is called, neat though. A nifty lil dime. Basically one end is over twice as thick as the other.

140w1m0.jpg

140w2ls.jpg

The past week had some great finds for me (the Finn coins have very low mintage figures):

5 Finland 2003 €0.50

Finland 2000 €0.20

Finland 2002 €0.10

Finland 2003 €0.05

Portugal 2005 €1

Netherlands 2005 and 2006 €0.05

The past week had some great finds for me (the Finn coins have very low mintage figures):

5 Finland 2003 €0.50

Finland 2000 €0.20

Finland 2002 €0.10

Finland 2003 €0.05

Portugal 2005 €1

Netherlands 2005 and 2006 €0.05

I found some interesting coins, too. From Germany, Netherlands and Belgium

3 x 2 Euro Holstentor 2006 F, G, J

1 x 20 Cent Germany 2006 F

100 x 1 Cent Netherlands 2004 in two German Rolls (Coins from the Netherlands rolled in the paper of the "Bundesbank"

and some other Belgium coins.

Marvin

The uneven rim on the dime is caused by a misaligned die. Usually the hammer die isn't straight in the press. For these modern dimes that usually means one of the four movin dies on a horizontal quad press is misaligned.

I got a nice well, stuck slider unc 1974 quarter last week. This is a spectacular find on a few levels but just finding a well struck coin of this date is a little unusual. It's probably from a mint set but thee's no way to know.

Okay, not circulation finds, but what I found with my metal detector today! A few cents, and a dime from the 80's/90's and a 100+ year old sleigh bell! Whoo!

15g9lb5.jpg

15g9lkl.jpg

This was an odd one for the US, but I got a 1 cent euro today...which is smaller than a US cent, but still circulated a bit here. I'm not sure of the country....has a theatre mask on the back or something...maybe france?

This was an odd one for the US, but I got a 1 cent euro today...which is smaller than a US cent, but still circulated a bit here. I'm not sure of the country....has a theatre mask on the back or something...maybe france?

Yes that is France.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Dutch RVs and German Autobahns don't mix