CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

My son treated me to a dinner for my Birthday today. He needed quarters for the parking meter and when I pulled out my pocket change I found a 2006 Nebraska amoung the change. Which I didn't give up. And it's in pretty good condition, still shiny like new.

For some reason most of the Nebraska quarters I've seen have been really well struck and still holding a lot of luster. Not sure if people are saving them and rarely spending them or what. Still kind of cool since I love the design.

Had two decent finds today. Star $1 note and a 1965 Washington quarter in AU (which I can't find now!). Nothing exciting but it still looks good.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 10 cent euro from the Netherlands thinking it was a lincoln cent, and a 2002 20 pence thinking it was a jefferson nickel.

Where do you work again? Can I get a job? You find some of the coolest stuff.

:ninja:

Where do you work again? Can I get a job? You find some of the coolest stuff.

:lol:

Heh, yeah, but the job itself is just plain awful. I work as a checkout coach at Giant foods stores. Basically I boss all the cashiers around, and do paperwork, and the only part I like, rifle through about 20-30 thousand in cash a day! :cry:

Oh and btw I found a AU 1963 star note $1 last night too :ninja:

Heh, yeah, but the job itself is just plain awful. I work as a checkout coach at Giant foods stores. Basically I boss all the cashiers around, and do paperwork, and the only part I like, rifle through about 20-30 thousand in cash a day!  :lol:

Oh and btw I found a AU 1963 star note $1 last night too  :ninja:

I'm so jealous. I have never, ever, ever found a star note in circulation.

It's uncommon that I find a crisp unc one (I've found two one hundred consecutive packs already though), but when it comes to circulated star notes I find about 5 or so a night, and don't bother buying them because they are in rough shape. Older notes I'll buy if they are star notes though, even in circ. I find barr notes, pre 80's, 63's, repeaters, and all kinds of stuff there on a regular basis, but it's ussually so worn I don't bother keeping any. The only thing I haven't found is solid number note, like 11111111, the best I found like that was a 00000348 $1 bill which I then sold on eBay for 20 some dollars. Bills are just not my thing, although when I see one I can make a few bucks on, or one that is just interesting, I'll buy it.

If you want I can gather a pile for you and send them your way at face, might take a week or so to get like $20 in singles, but I can also get new (pre-colored) 1-$100's in circ, and on occasion the new colored 10-50's. It's up to you what type you collect, I have no problem putting back a few bucks worth to send to you.

In the last week and a half this is what I've gotten from my work, this has been about the best week so far for bills.

Other than these I found a 1956 nickel in MS-64+ with full steps, must have been hiding in a bank somewhere, and a 1941 quarter.

All of these bills are for sale btw.

The $50 star note is $55

The 1935 SC is $5

The 1963 red seal five is $6.50

The 1963 star note one is $8

The 1969 one is $2.50

The 1928 star note 2 is $40 (two rust stains on rev)

256y8hs.jpg

Some more fantastic finds Vfox! I can't believe people let the red seals go through their hands so easily. I can understand a silver cert here and there but red seals, wow!

In fact, I think I only own one red seal and it's a $5.

Some more fantastic finds Vfox! I can't believe people let the red seals go through their hands so easily. I can understand a silver cert here and there but red seals, wow!

In fact, I think I only own one red seal and it's a $5.

I haven't found anything for a LONG time in the way of bills, but this past week or so has been a gold mine! A 1950 $100 passed through my hands today, I was about to say hey I should grab this (to put on eBay) and the girl at the register whips out a bill checker pen and markered the crap out of it.....I just looked at her, and said "This is why I don't let you people near anything I want here." and walked away. She later asked me what I was talking about, when I told her she looked at me and replied "You need to get out more." which I then replied "The sun, it burns...Hiss" and I turned into a bat and flew off, but besides that it's been slow lately.

Got these two commemoratives last week

:ninja:

Do those circulate? I never find any Euros like that. I was happy when I found an Irish 1 Euro in Maastricht saturday LOL I must not be looking hard enough.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Fear the Vespas

I went to the bank and asked for 2 rolls of dimes, 3 rolls of nickels, and 6 rolls of pennies to search through (it's been a while since I've done this.):

Nickels:

1939 - I just had to sit back and wonder of the places that coin has seen in its 67 years.

1961 D

2 1964's

1964 D

2 1969 D's

1970 S - Haven't come across an S in a long while.

a bunch of other 70's

2 keelboats

2 peace pipes

11 Ocean in Views

6 2005 Buffaloes

1913 V Nick

Nothing worthwhile in the dimes.

So far, of 2 rolls of pennies, nothing interesting except this 1974 cent that looks like its made of aluminum... hmm.. thats odd. :ninja:

Maybe the other 4 rolls will yield me AT LEAST a wheatie.

I guess this bank is in too new an area of town to have anything worthwhile passing through it. :lol:

So far, of 2 rolls of pennies, nothing interesting except this 1974 cent that looks like its made of aluminum... hmm.. thats odd.  :lol:

:ninja: Would be nice wouldn't it. :cry:

Working in a restaurant that handles a lot of cash, and having all the cashiers know that I collect coins is always a good thing. Today, the cashier approached me with a dull looking piece of metal and asked if it was Canadian. I told her no, it was American, just old. I traded her a new quarter for it, and went about my business without really looking too closely. (I don't collect US stuff, so I only look to get stuff like this to pass on to other collectors). An hour or so later, on a smoke break, I dug it out.

915956.jpg

Not the greatest thing in the world, but still something very unusual, especially in the smaller, somewhat rural town that I am in. Headed to the auction section to list it, now. Anyone interested??

Do those circulate? I never find any Euros like that.  I was happy when I found an Irish 1 Euro in Maastricht saturday LOL  I must not be looking hard enough.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Fear the Vespas

Of course they circulate. In Germany you can find them.. mhm maybe one coin per week or so, ok they are not in the best condition, but they're in circulation, maybe because the mintage is something about 30.000.000 coins :lol:

The Spain commemorative... just luck.. sometimes you can find some in rolls and sometimes not, just like lottery :ninja: