CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

1944-P nickel, 1964-P quarter, 1911-P lincoln cent, and last but not least...a 2 cent euro mixed in with some nickels.

Now that last one's weird. As a cent, sure, but as a nickel?!

Myself, I used to keep the EUR2c as pocket pieces until I lost a bunch because I kept on accidentally spending them as cents.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that last one's weird. As a cent, sure, but as a nickel?!

Myself, I used to keep the EUR2c as pocket pieces until I lost a bunch because I kept on accidentally spending them as cents.

Yeah I thought it was strange too, but it came out of a new freshly opened roll. It is a little bigger than a cent, but smaller than a nickel, but I'd assume bulk coin counting machines can't tell the difference and just plopped it into the nickel slot.

This isn't exactly a circulation find but I found a NYC subway token in a box in the trunk of my car and I have no idea how it got there.

The subway hasn't used tokens in years and that box was put into my trunk recently. :ninja:

Went through $100 worth of Kennedy's today.

1 - 1968 EF

2 - 1967 AU's

9 - 1976 Bicents in MS condition. Really weird because there would be two stacked in almost every other roll. Best looking 76's I've seen come out of rolls.

1 - 1996 MS

Pretty much all that's worth mentioning. There is a 71' that has an extra wide rim. Kept it just for the heck of it!

Out of my $25 box of cents I opened up two rolls. One had a MS63 or so 1961 facing up and the other a VG/F 1941-D facing up.

Well I was searching some rolls when the best find of the box was made.

My words, out loud, were "Holy crap!"

A 1942-D that is probably UNC overall. The obverse is basically mark free. Sadly the reverse has some odd coloration which is probably from storage. This coin had to of come from a collection. I'm amazed at the quality. Pictures to come tomorrow!

A nice crispy Au (looks like it was folded and flattened years ago) 1935 silver certificate $1 bill. But, it has two light marker spots on the obv, looks like someone marked it with a bill checker marker to make sure it was real....oafs. But, for a dollar, I can't complain lol.

A nice crispy Au (looks like it was folded and flattened years ago) 1935 silver certificate $1 bill. But, it has two light marker spots on the obv, looks like someone marked it with a bill checker marker to make sure it was real....oafs. But, for a dollar, I can't complain lol.

*drool* I was with my father a few years ago and he showed me a '57 $1 Silver Cert. he found in some change. Currently I'm searching for a few of the key notes to finish off my 1923 through 57 series. (Anyone want to spot me a few dozen K for some nice star notes?)

Anywho, I credit that circulation find to my currency side of the hobby. My father also received a few '57s from a bank teller but didn't realize it til later that they were sequential. :ninja: Had he known earlier, he would have gone right back to the bank and asked for the rest of that batch.

So for the last 6 years or so, I haven't seen a single silver certificate in circulation. :lol: I'd love to find one now.

The paper gods have been kind this week. Last night I got a 1963 red seal $5 and a 1977 $50 star note, both are in used condition, but the $50 is going to jump to eBay shortly, so meh. Oh, and a 2003 Canadian PL dime.