• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Mexico, 2004, One Peso bi-metalic coin.

About the size of a nickel.

:ninja:;););)

Even though it is easily determined whether or not this is the BIG ONE, my heart always races for a moment or two when one of these turns up in change. I found this one in a Have A Penny/Take a Penny tray today at the local gas station. I traded for it of course.

55.jpg

Nice trade.

I'm surprised that I don't find much in the cash drawer at work. I would say that the majority of purchases are credit or debit cards, and the cash flowing in consists of lots of $20, 50, 100 bills.

The only things I've found since July have been one 1948 Lincoln and a 1945-S Jefferson(in horrible shape).

I'm surprised that I don't find much in the cash drawer at work. I would say that the majority of purchases are credit or debit cards, and the cash flowing in consists of lots of $20, 50, 100 bills.

That's how it was when I worked at Domino's about six years ago. Nothing but credit/debit cards and checks. Rarely would someone pay in cash other than my dad. Couldn't imagine how it is now. Heck, even my parents are thinking about debit cards. :ninja: Everything they purchase is through checks while I deal only in cash.

Latest find was a 1963 Roosevelt in VF that I ended up losing a day later. It's either around the house or my cat ate it.

I guess you'll be cleaning the cat box for the next few days.

Although I may be a slightly obsessed collector, by no means will I did through cat poo for a '63 Roosie.

Now if it was a Morgan dollar and a cow ate it......where's my gloves? :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...
I looked through a bunch of halves last week and although I found no silver, I did find a cruddy 1986-S proof and a 1917 British Large Penny.

That's a bigtime ripoff. (not so much for value, but being intentional)

I really have the yen to go and get a bunch of halves to look through. No time right now but the desire is gettting stronger everyday.

I really have the yen to go and get a bunch of halves to look through. No time right now but the desire is gettting stronger everyday.

I plan on doing some roll searching this break. I have one burning question for the roll searchers out there:

What is the best combination of rolls to get for a given amount of money?

In other words, suppose I want to only spend $20. Should I get 1 roll of quarters, 1 roll of dimes, 2 rolls of nickels, and 2 rolls of pennies? What combinations do you sort through/recommend?

After Xmas I may shell out for more than $20 giving me more options.

Thanks,

George

I plan on doing some roll searching this break. I have one burning question for the roll searchers out there:

What is the best combination of rolls to get for a given amount of money?

In other words, suppose I want to only spend $20. Should I get 1 roll of quarters, 1 roll of dimes, 2 rolls of nickels, and 2 rolls of pennies? What combinations do you sort through/recommend?

After Xmas I may shell out for more than $20 giving me more options.

Thanks,

George

Spend $25 and get a box of pennies, contains 2500 coins. About 500-700 of them should be bronze, about 10-15 s/b wheats. Nickels are also good to search. Dimes and Quarters, forget about it. Halves can be good if you can find them, you can even get Walkers, Franklins and silver Kennedy's.