CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian>> 1947 1 cent ML, 1948 1 cent-A To denticles, 1953 hanging 3, 1963 hanging 3, 1965 LBP5, 1955 nsf, 1955 sf, Error 2001 volunteer 10 cent, 1996 25 cent with antlers attached to rim, 1978 near and far 25 cents, Blank 1 Cent, 1977 high/low nickels, 1983 1 cent Near/Far beads, 1985 B5/P5, 2000P nickel(2), 1956 25 cent, 1967 25cent Cougar(mint), 1922 Nickel,1924 nickel,1926 nickel, 1927 nickel, 1929 nickel, 1931 nickel,1961 mint nickel, $5 radar bill(0612160) I accidentally spent it by mistake, look out for it,lol and it was a fun 30 days indeed.

In the return pocket of a Coinstar machine at Walmart, I found a handful of coins including 2 silver roosies and one 1892 A Greece silver half Drachma. The Greek coin went for about $10usd on ebay.

Not a horrible design, Clive. How is it in person?

Not as good. The relief is a bit odd when in the hand but I still really like it. As £2 coin designs go it is above par.

It certainly beats the likes of this:

2008twopoundolympicgameshandoverceremonysilverproofrev400.jpg

i got a 2010 5p the other day

new currency? in july? thats rare

It usually is! Although I have 2010s of the 1p, 2p, 5p and 10p so perhaps the mint has different policies this year.

The Burns £2, Kew 50p and Guides 50p have also been struck and are in the system somewhere.....

Bloomin' elusive!

I have one of each in UNC (not BU)

I have to confess I did buy them though.

Also got hold of a 2009 Henry VIII Crown in UNC at the same time, up to present (as far as I know) these have all been in BU.

Oh right, yes, they are very easy to get your hands on but I'm not one to pay Royal Mint prices and so I only pick them out of circulation. Much more fun. :ninja:

Now that I'm working again, I have cause to get lots of quarter rolls to feed the buses and snack machines. Of late I've noticed a lot more early clad quarters in surprisingly good shape -- easily VF to VF+, with that gorgeous deep sculpture that's so horribly missing from our modern washers examples. I guess people are circulating anything that will spend until the economy really gets going again...

Oh right, yes, they are very easy to get your hands on but I'm not one to pay Royal Mint prices and so I only pick them out of circulation. Much more fun. :ninja:

Not so easy as you might think, those from the mint are in BU not standard UNC.

The two types when shown side by side are quite different in finish.

Now that I'm working again, I have cause to get lots of quarter rolls to feed the buses and snack machines. Of late I've noticed a lot more early clad quarters in surprisingly good shape -- easily VF to VF+, with that gorgeous deep sculpture that's so horribly missing from our modern washers examples. I guess people are circulating anything that will spend until the economy really gets going again...

It is funny you mentioned that because the past few days I have gotten several 1965-69 Washers that are nearly BU. See above, early stuff is coming out of the woodwork because people need to spend it.

It is funny you mentioned that because the past few days I have gotten several 1965-69 Washers that are nearly BU. See above, early stuff is coming out of the woodwork because people need to spend it.

Well, actually, I meant 'washer' in the sense of flat and featureless... :ninja: Just imagine how some of the SLQs would've looked if they'd been struck as deeply as they used to. Mmmm.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on -- people are spending whatever's at hand because they need to. Sad in one way... but lucky for us in another.