CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally found my first shield cent as well. Also lightly circulated but much better looking than this miserable scan shows, haha.

2di3bl3.jpg

I did my part to help those quarters get out into circulation. About 8 months ago, the cash office at my work got an entire BOX of '09-P DC quarters. I kept two rolls for myself (one unbroken and one cherrypicked from pre-broken rolls) and ended up giving two more rolls out to a lady who explicitly said that she planned to use them at a laundromat. The rest of them slowly leaked out to our customers, and I really haven't seen too many since then. I'll find an occasional Virgin Island, Puerto Rico, or American Samoa from time to time, though.

I'm beginning to think that 2009 and 2010 will eventually become a semi-key date for modern coins.

Another pretty decent find to round out an exciting week with the discovery of the 1901 Indian in the cent roll on Tuesday, this time I got a 1949-S cent along with 1941, 1942, and 1959 nickels, and a 1964 YH Canadian 5 cents and a 1976 Canadian 5 cents. I don't ordinarily save Canadians unless they are YH or worth more than melt in the case of both of the 5 cent coins.

• 4 weeks later...

Speechless. I am speechless. This came out of a roll of nickels. The photo doesn't do it justice.

981410.jpg

Also turned up a 47, 57D, 58D and 59D. All are now in a 'retirement home'. :ninja:

My son had 26 wheat cents in his wallet when he came home from school this afternoon. He was picking them up walking around school, apparently someone must have busted a collection - probably one of the Whitman folders, because all the cents are from 1941-1957 with all different dates and mintmarks including several S mints. He said that it appeared as though someone was then throwing them around on the floor at school. I loathe to think that a collection was broken up, stolen etc. Several of the 1950's dated cents are BU, well were. :ninja:

That nickel's better than the one in my type set! :ninja:

Heck, it's better than the one I have in my nickel set!

I got a better image of it and updated the Omnicoin image... should show in the original message now.

Oh yeah -- I got several rolls of pennies, too. Quite a few in the 60s and early 70s in high grade, and a couple have some incredible blue and magenta toning going on. Pictures when I finish sorting through them!

• 5 weeks later...