CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

I got a 1928-P Buffalo nickel in change yesterday. You can barely make out the date but the flat part of the 2 and left side of the 8 are still visible. Unless it's an upside down seven and a backwards 3 obviously. :ninja:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a 1928-P Buffalo nickel in change yesterday. You can barely make out the date but the flat part of the 2 and left side of the 8 are still visible. Unless it's an upside down seven and a backwards 3 obviously. :ninja:

Still at the grocery store? It's a gold mine and I"m so jealous

Still at the grocery store? It's a gold mine and I"m so jealous

Yep, gatta do something over the summer right? I didn't find anything worthwhile today but I did see two of my students. :ninja:

Went through change in my desk today:

2010 dime

2009 dime

1970-S nickel (I love finding S's)

A Panamanian Balboa was given to me by a coworker.

Went through change in my desk today:

2010 dime

2009 dime

1970-S nickel (I love finding S's)

A Panamanian Balboa was given to me by a coworker.

I love finding the S's in my cent box searches, and really really like getting S mint wheats, now they are the bomb.

• 2 weeks later...
1944 wheat cent and a 1941 Jefferson nickel. Nickels just don't die. I wonder out of a couple rolls of nickels how many would be pre 1960?

I actually wondered about that before, and it seems to be all over the place. I've picked up 10 rolls and not found a single coin from before 1964, and I've also found a '39 and '41 from the same roll. I usually get about 5 rolls, which will generally contain at least 1 from the 40s, 2-3 from the 50s, and 5ish from '60-63.

A 1964 Rosie and a 1937 wheatie in AU tonight. I normally don't save the wheaties unless they are from the 30's or before anymore...loads of 40-58's still floatin around out there...but then again I have access to 20$ worth in pennies each day... :ninja:

Some kid came through my line today to buy a video game, and handed me what was very clearly the contents of his change jar. In there was a 1970-something Rupee from India. I handed it back to him and told him to hang on to it.

Also, found my first two 2010-D coins in circulation; a penny and a dime! They've made it all the way to the east coast now!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...