CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon, don't be sad... I've never actually encountered a proof in circulation myself.
Silver Bicentennial Ike, T1 reverse, back about '77 or so. Someone cracked into daddy's proof set, I think. Still had some traces of frost on it. I bet someone got clobbered for that one...

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I was buying a soda for my son, I handed the clerk a fiver and got back some change and heard an unfamiliar "clink" from the coins she was handing me, figuring to myself "oh great, another Canadian quarter" but then I looked at it on the way out of the store and there was George's profile on a 1963 quarter, yeppers $3 worth of silver quarter in my change.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Not a coin, but still:

A 1957 $1 silver certificate ;) Have never seen THAT still being circulated. Got it as change at a local store.

:ninja:;)

That's how I got ADDICTED to note collecting (and now have a very close to complete silver cert series). My dad finds a few of those every few years.

:ninja:;)

That's how I got ADDICTED to note collecting (and now have a very close to complete silver cert series). My dad finds a few of those every few years.

;) I can see where the addiction comes from. I normally only collect Russian notes, but this silver certificate has now joined a $2 bill I have (2003), and I'm planning on adding a red seal $2 1928 to it to get hit the eras kind of broadly. Your set must be quite a sight!

:ninja: I can see where the addiction comes from. I normally only collect Russian notes, but this silver certificate has now joined a $2 bill I have (2003), and I'm planning on adding a red seal $2 1928 to it to get hit the eras kind of broadly. Your set must be quite a sight!

For a twenty-something college student, I think it is. Compared to jtryka's or some other set's here, NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Neat! I've never found a web press note before, but I've noticed that anything older than series '01 is becoming increasingly hard to find in circulation these days, so I doubt I'll ever see one.

I'm lucky (or unlucky) enough to work at a grocery store over the weekends while I'm not teaching. (Saving for a house stinks!) Anyway, I see lots of interesting things appear here and there. That is the fourth webpress I've found so far which is interestingly one from each year of production. (two 88A now) I'm sure I've missed my chance on more...but who knows. Although I cannot say I enjoy working there, over the years I've found some very cool things!

Although I cannot say I enjoy working there, over the years I've found some very cool things!

Yeah you have! I drool thinking about your pickings.

Yeah you have! I drool thinking about your pickings.

Get a cash office position at a large volume grocer and you'll outdo my acquisitions with haste.

Get a cash office position at a large volume grocer and you'll outdo my acquisitions with haste.

This is true. At my work they won't even consider you for working at the cash office unless you've been working 5+ years, but I've heard of some fantastic finds, ranging from a 1905 Liberty Nickel to a roll of BU Merc dimes.