CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ninja:

I saw a quarter on my desk with a deeper relief than normal around the "In God We Trust" on the obverse. I looked at it and it was a 1964! I haven't found a silver coin, let alone a quarter, in quite a while! Woo!

A 1970 was nearby too. Must've gotten them through some toll booth... good thing I don't have an EZ Pass

well last night i went to my girlies house and she was talking about a blind man coming into wendys and spending a very weird shiny penny. she saw it immedently and asked him if he was sure he wanted to spend it ,he said adruptly if it aint from 2007 i dont want it! she said ok and put it in her pocket and put another penny in the till. it was a 1957d wheatie nothing special but its in AU condition and is now in my book :ninja: i think i might be getting her into collecting!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I like most about jeff. nickels: You can tell from a mile away if they're of numismatic interest. Usually you can tell a war nickel or a pre-1964 nickel from the high relief, the wear pattern, or the toning.

I saw one sitting in my dad's pocket change. I knew it was special, picked it up and was a little sad it was a 1969. But happy to see the "S" under the date!

I always treasure an san fran. minted coin I find in circulation. Cool beans.

I am part of the cent project so I just sorted thru 5000 cents. Found

1919, 1930D, 16 other 40's-50's wheaties (wow, they are getting harder to find) ;)

17 S mint cents and a couple of BU 60's. 6 canadian cents and one cool but mystifying token on which the words translate into memory of marriage with the basillica de guadalupe on it. Looked it up real quick and apparently the groom gives the bride these Arras tokens

http://www.omnicoin.com/coins/933952.jpg

Upgraded my "circulation" cent collection, added to exonumia collection :ninja:

He is in Canada, the 1968 25¢ coins were .500 fine, and then nickel later in the year. Whilst I still get Georgian coins, ie cents in change from time to time, I have never gotten silver Canadians.

Not all of the 1968s were .500 silver, but it is pretty rare to find one that is anymore. Nice find.