CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had over 16000 of them last year, but ended up cashing them in when it looked like we might move.

yup im a hoarder hehe i did have alot last year but i let em go :ninja: and very nice avatar scott hehe

Lol, I'd accuse you of post inflation but you have over 2,000.

Yeah.. that was the first consecutive post run I've made in a while. But I made a mick jagger joke... totally worth the accusation.

That's pretty normal, my work even requires us to take Canadian coinage (in moderation) because it's worth as much (more now) as our money. Almost every register has at least 1-2 Canadian cents and 1-2 nickels, and every 3rd or so a dime. Quarters are uncommon, but I see at least one a month.

That's pretty normal, my work even requires us to take Canadian coinage (in moderation) because it's worth as much (more now) as our money. Almost every register has at least 1-2 Canadian cents and 1-2 nickels, and every 3rd or so a dime. Quarters are uncommon, but I see at least one a month.

Interesting. When I was a cashier I was given wrapped rolls of coins at the beginning of every shift to be placed in my register drawer and I don't recall ever getting Canadian coinage in there. Once or twice I was given Canadian coinage from a customer and took it, but never in wrapped rolls.

Oh, well I guess it happens as proof from 3 posts above.

the result of a week dollar, I guess as long as we lie about on the magazine prices it will make us feel better. I always laugh when I see a magazine for 4.99 american and 7.99 canadian.

American: "Of course we'll take your money"

Yeah, I'm not really sure what exchange rate they base those off of, probably from back in the 80's when they first started putting that on?

Two posts in a row! I RULE at the circulation game. ::Begin massive dry spell::

Found a 1959-D nickel in the register, had a quarter in my pocket, so I pulled out two more dimes, one of which was a dime from 1964 which I had overlooked! How many others have I missed???

And, I traded out a star note - my first! - $1. Are they worth anything more than face or are they just oddities?

And, I traded out a star note - my first! - $1. Are they worth anything more than face or are they just oddities?

Oddities.

Unless it's of certain years and series... mmm... Hawaiian star note...