CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a 1893 Indian head back in change from the Grocery store. I saw 3 morgan dollars in a Gas Station register. I said can I buy those. THe nice girl said sure. 1880,1890,1900. $36 in silver for $3. They were all Fine to Very Fine. :ninja:

Now everywhere I go people think Im trying to rob them. I lean over the counter and look in the register. I dont care. :ninja:

I'm still waiting for someone to beat (age wise) my 1860's civil war token I found with some cents a few months back! :ninja:

7-7-07 was a heck of a lucky day.

I finally found my first web-press note after searching through more than $30,000 in $1 notes over the last 2 months.

It's not a nice one, but it IS one! Whoo hoo! The odd part is I knew there was something odd about it even before I saw it was a web-press. The color is much thinner, and the note has no embossing at all, it looked out of place, and it certainly was!

6f5e1zk.jpg

Awesome Roaddevil, what year is your note? 1988-A appears to be the rarest in nice shape because hardly anyone knew about them back then, so most got into circulation. I'm glad I had a hand in helping your collection! Lol! :ninja:

1995 was the last year they produced them before they sold the multi million dollar web presses for scrap metal. Got to love the way the US handles failure, eh? Lol. :ninja:

Oh yeah, I thought about doing that, but then again I really only hoard non-US notes, so I just get one nice example of each. Btw, I lost 4 more auctions for a Au+ green eagle this week, woot. :ninja: I am looking at several online now, but I am probably going to lose those too, lol.

Got a F 1940S cent in change from Pat Catan's Craft store. The lady would not look through the drawer to see if there were any more I could get though ;)

Probably because she was upset that she hadn't noticed that she had given you one. :ninja: