CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed sitting on my dresser this evening a 1954-D nickel. Worn some, but not much and the date is quite clear. I placed this in a coin tube with some other coins for keeps.

Also, I learned that the mint mark for this coin was on the reverse instead of the obverse like today's coins so I was happy I learned something new! :ninja:

I noticed sitting on my dresser this evening a 1954-D nickel. Worn some, but not much and the date is quite clear. I placed this in a coin tube with some other coins for keeps.

Also, I learned that the mint mark for this coin was on the reverse instead of the obverse like today's coins so I was happy I learned something new! :ninja:

Cool, but why were you sitting on your dresser?

I keep spare change in my car and today I noticed among the rest of my coins was a 1958-D Wheat penny. I decided to polish the coin for my own amusement (I've never actually cleaned a coin before, being new to the hobby). Strangely enough it was kind of relaxing and I was excited to see a 50 year old penny shine again! :ninja:

Edited to Add:

Oh, and I got a 2005 Buffalo Westward Journey Nickel in change this evening from one of the express checkout machines at my local supermarket, I had fun cleaning that too!

My grandparents bought a bunch of random rolls of coins from the bank and dumped them in a treasure box as a Christmas present for me and among the nickels I found a GEM BU 1938 piece... although I suspect that's the one I've seen sitting on their bedroom dresser for ages...

pre searched a 25$ box of pennies and got about ten canadian pennies one pennie from bremuda and only 20 pre 1981 cents!!! but ill take it i guess!

I searched the boxes last week, nickels and cents. The earliest nickels were 1938 and 1939, the cents were 1942. I got 13 wheats and about 650 pre-1981's. I notice on my boxes that they come from a processor in Pennsylvania which might be why I get different results than you. The box of nickels is $100, and all total I kept 45 nickels, the pre-1960's and the 1968-1970 S mints. I only save Canadian if they are pre-1964 for cents, and pre-1982 for nickels.

I'm very jealous of all of these neat finds, I love silver and copper so I hope to find tons of it. This thread has inspired me to get a job at a 99 cent store, and I will encourage everyone to pay me in pennies.