CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has finally happened!

My hubby gave me four Lincolns this morning.

Now, remembering what I said about turning in 278 rolls of Lincolns to our bank?

I got at least three of them back in his change. There are two 69s bu Lincolns that I bought in rolls and have searched thoroughly, and decided to recycle the ones that did not meet my criteria for collectables.

Living in a small town it was bound to happen. But so quickly? :ninja:

Oh, and yesterday, due to Dustin's star note mention, I checked my wallet, and voila! I had a 2003 series star note L00868588*. Now I know what to look for. Thanks Dustin. ;)

Corky

Not really a circulation find I guess, but tonight I pulled out a book from my bookcase to read at dinner, and $8 dropped out of the book. They are all older notes, series 1963A and 1977. Have no idea why they were in the book, or for how long. The book was my Grandmothers and maybe she saved them, have no idea. Haven't seen one of the old style fivers in a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

pretty cool find actually. i saw it in a tip jar, asked to exchange it for a $20 bill. It was a double eagle. the glint of gold was distinctive of course, even if it was really really dull and worn. I can barely read the date. I'd guess 1930something. maybe 33.

meh. whatever. its probably just worth melt.

Dammit. Didn't see "maybe 33".

But now I vow to find me a double eagle in change...

lol. :ninja: Took you long enough. I was begining to think you reverted to "noob"ism and didn't understand the significance of a 1933 $20, let alone ANY 1930 gold coin

Not all 1930s gold is rare, just look at the 1932 eagle, common as can be! Today I fould a 1939 nickel in change.

With all the attention that the 1933 $20's get, people neglect that the coins were also minted in 1929-1932 were minted in larger numbers but never released for circulation, all that exist today were purchased over the counter at the mint. Now a BU $20 from those years starts at $20K.

My sister-in-law brought me a dateless buffalo nickel that she got as part of the payment at the store she works at. A nice find for me.

With all the attention that the 1933 $20's get, people neglect that the coins were also minted in 1929-1932 were minted in larger numbers but never released for circulation, all that exist today were purchased over the counter at the mint. Now a BU $20 from those years starts at $20K.

Exactly what I meant. I think one of the date/mint $20 issues is actually rarer than the 1933 issue (assuming there are a dozen or so as suspected) because of the melting during the depression. Looks like its the 1927-D that only has 6 or 7.

Exactly what I meant. I think one of the date/mint $20 issues is actually rarer than the 1933 issue (assuming there are a dozen or so as suspected) because of the melting during the depression. Looks like its the 1927-D that only has 6 or 7.

The 27-D is arguably the rarest Saint now that more than a dozen 33s are known. In general 1929-33 are rarer gold coins (remember 1933 Indian $10 have always been legal to own, though expensive), though it is not universal. In general for $20 they are all rare, for $10, the 1932 is common, the 30-S and 33 are rare (none were minted from 1927-29), for $5 and $2.50, they only date minted in that span was 1929, and both of those are fairly common.

The 27-D is arguably the rarest Saint now that more than a dozen 33s are known. In general 1929-33 are rarer gold coins (remember 1933 Indian $10 have always been legal to own, though expensive), though it is not universal. In general for $20 they are all rare, for $10, the 1932 is common, the 30-S and 33 are rare (none were minted from 1927-29), for $5 and $2.50, they only date minted in that span was 1929, and both of those are fairly common.

I have noticed an occasional 1931 or 1932 Saint on Heritage, I would love to have one, but my lovely wife would kill me if I blew 100K on a coin.

I have noticed an occasional 1931 or 1932 Saint on Heritage, I would love to have one, but my lovely wife would kill me if I blew 100K on a coin.

Heck, forget the 31 or 32, for that money you could by a 29 and 30-S on the virtual bourse right now!

1967 Kennedy that I spied in the coin tray at the bank this morning. First silver in a few months. Yesterday I bought a box of 2500 cents and came up with the following:

1941 x 2

1945-D

1951-D x 2

1955-D

1956 red uncirculated

1956-D

1957-D x 2

1969-S

1971-S

1972-S

Canada

GVI 1952

16 Wheats in the box was not a bad haul, nothing too exciting, but the last time I sorted through a box I only found 4 Wheats.