CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont stop at rolls just find a bank that has brinks 25$ boxes and have fun!

I was a little hesitant to commit to that in writing because currently I have a ton of quarters in change that I need to spend. (They are non 50 State Quarters leftover from rolls from the bank). So I don't know what I'll do with that many pennies :ninja:.

I just found out that my bank has rolls of halves so that may be my next venture when I spend more of my $1 dollar coins. I see where this is going, I will eventually bury myself in so much coinage that I'll be trapped and eventually flattened by the weight of it all! ;)

:ninja:;);) sorry i forgot about that grr ill repost later!!

No worries, man! That rule isn't written anywhere and I've never seen anyone complain about it other than myself!

I love searching rolls too but I only get to do it once a year or so. It seems that I've gotten most of the dates that are out there.

No worries, man! That rule isn't written anywhere and I've never seen anyone complain about it other than myself!

I love searching rolls too but I only get to do it once a year or so. It seems that I've gotten most of the dates that are out there.

eh i used to only search a 25$ box a month but ive now searched 4 boxes within 7 days hehe. i look for the coppers,wheaties, and oddities..

• 2 weeks later...

From another bank, where I cashed a check, and asked for $2s as usual. The teller said she had $8 worth, but if I wanted more, she would ask the others. I said yes, and she went around and back to the drive up window and came back with another $30 worth of them, they were in an envelope. She opened it up, took them out and started counting them and commented, "Oh look, those are different, do you still want them?" I look over and see red seals:

dueces2.8.08.jpg

In all the years I have gotten $2 bills from the bank, I have never seen a red seal in circulation. So today it paid to ask for $2 bills to spend, but I am saving these. It was a good day at the banks, the other one had the Ike dollars which I haven't gotten in a few months.

Nice finds on the deuces! I remember there was a PNC Branch in the lobby of my office in Jersey City back in the mid 1990s and I would always ask for twos and about once every couple months there would be some red seals, including several from the 1928 series! I still have all of them I think.