CoinPeople.com

How much ching did you bring?

Tiffibunny

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stujoe
Well i don't usually list prices i've paid for things but since you specifically asked, then the most i've ever paid out would be $1800. (Which for me is a heck of alot, usually i try and stay well below the $1000 mark).

My most expensuve was your Gothic. What did we decide it was? 95 Euro? That was around $200? I've already forgotten! :ninja:

Normally, the coins I buy are a tenth that much or even less.

Guest Stujoe

See! That is how bad I am with remembering how much I paid for any coin! ;) We had this discussion over on Coin Community and it took us forever to figure it out and I have already messed it up again! It had to be pounds, I am sure. In a month I will probably think I paid 175 francs for it. :ninja:

The most I've paid is about $115 for the Buffalo Dollar coin and currency collection. I usually will not shell out that kind of money but I saw it and I fell in love.

THe most ever for a single coin was $1200 for an old Spanish Trail commem half.

The most ever for a note was $6000 for a 1934 dark green Boston star note $1000 bill.

The most "total" for coins in one stop-- I just paid $2000 a few weeks ago for 84 Morgan dollars. I've already sold $1000 worth and hope to sell the rest this week and probably make a bit. Sadly almost all of them are cleaned, but they are nice 1879 8tf, 1880, 1888s, 1898 etc

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, I do this to annoy you

:ninja:

Hey if I can increase KWB's stock maybe one day it'll happen!

I didn't keep it long. I bought a new truck with most of it as I sold it to a dealer for cash and broke even. I used some bonus money to buy it which was silly. I learned to keep coins a hobby and keep my properties as investments not coins. Don't mix the two.

Coins=fun hobby for me, not investement. Though I don't want to take a bath on a coin.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, All Redheads are nuts

5300 for the VF 1794 half that I pictured in the thread on half dollar type sets. I have crossed the 4 figure mark several times for different Overton varieties. This past winter I placed my first 5 figure bid on a coin but wasn't lucky enough to win it. (Or I was lucky enough NOT to win it!)

Jim

5300 for the VF 1794 half that I pictured in the thread on John Reich type sets.  I have crossed the 4 figure mark several times for different Overton varieties.  This past winter I placed my first 5 figure bid on a coin but wasn't lucky enough to win it.  (Or I was lucky enough NOT to win it!)

Jim

Oh, 5 figures! Now we are talking some serious money.

My wife would just flip. Hell, I think I would be doing some back flips myself.

Im sorry to say the most I paid for a coin was about 10X what I should have.

I think it was something like $45 + $10 shipping for an undated ~ 95% off center lincoln.

I dont regret it though, That was the reason I started teaching myself about coins. I learned more and more and got more interested and now I have a whole collection.

An undated off center lincoln is prob still my most frequent buy on ebay.... but only pay no more than $5 shipped.

-Bobby

• 6 years later...

:art::art: Paid $1900.00 last summer for a Canadian collection.

It also consisted of some early USA and some early foreign stuff.

Had about 200 Canadian large cents (all years ) some early 20 cent newfies and CDN silver nickels (no 1921s tho).

Had some early US paper money and some King George CDN paper money.

Still going thru it but some US stuff anf foreign will most likely end up here for trade. :art::art:

:art::art: Paid $1900.00 last summer for a Canadian collection.

It also consisted of some early USA and some early foreign stuff.

Had about 200 Canadian large cents (all years ) some early 20 cent newfies and CDN silver nickels (no 1921s tho).

Had some early US paper money and some King George CDN paper money.

Still going thru it but some US stuff anf foreign will most likely end up here for trade. :art::art:

That sounds like a wonderfully fun project you've gotten yourself. Enjoy it and share some photos & info with us when you can. :bthumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

“I’ve spent all I can spends, till I can spends no more"

--Popeye at a Coin Show--

I've just pursuaded my mother to add $2000 of gold to her assets rather than plonk it in some bank paying 3%.

Wow. Two things about this statement are mind-blowing 7 years later...

Highest savings rate a popular bank pays now is 0.9%.

I don't even know how much gold has appreciated since then.

Ok my ching (whatever that means):

Most I paid for a coin for the first 10+ years I collected:

$380 (at the time) for this 1941 PF66 Walking Liberty

916541.jpg

That was surpassed by this:

http://omnicoin.com/coins/979194.jpg

1928 $1 - silver Peace dollar struck at the Philadelphia mint. This is one of two keys of the series at a mintage of 360,649, almost 500,000 less than the next rarest. I'd give it about MS-64. I think I paid about $450 or $500 (or maybe a bit more) for this. Worth it as I needed it and wanted it for years.

And the most I've paid (that I can remember for sure) for a note:

930133A.jpg

930133B.jpg

1928 $1 silver certificate STAR note (good for one dollar of silver when redeemed) - signatures of Tate and Mellon - Friedberg # 1600*. Certified Choice New 63 by PCGS. Don't have the mintages nearby. Paid $500 for her.

I was impressed that I didn't see higher figures listed by you guys. I've only been in this range a few times but always for coins/notes I have been searching for for years and need for my series collections.

Also, I've been on this forum long enough to know a few of you are politely holding back :P