CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO'S SANTIAGO..IT COSTS ME QUITE A BIT TO GET THIS NOTE...NOW I KNOW THAT IS A GOOD ONE....

spainish1954_edited.jpg

spainish1931_edited-vert.jpg

Hello :-) Yes, Zorrilla banknote is a very interesant spanish banknote

the first banknote is 500 pesetas 1954 145 *95 mm

In front , fragment of selfportrait of Ignacio Zuloaga ( 1870-1945) ( Paint in zuloaga museum, Zumaya, Guipuzcoa),spanish shield in left.

Back : paint of Ignacio Zuloaga, view of Toledo ( Paint in Real Academia de Bellas artes de San Fernando, Madrid)

signatures:

Gobernador: Joaquín Benjumea Burín, Conde de Benjumea

Interventor:Antonio Victoriano Martín Martín

El cajero: joaquín Serrano García

water mark Zuloaga Head

second Banknote:

500 pesetas 1931 151*95 mm

In Front portrait of Juan Sebastian Elcano 1487-1526

back Paint of Elias Salaverría : Elcano landing in Sevilla after going around the world ( paint in Colección de la diputación de Guipuzcoa, San Sebastian)

medaillon in the right nao ( boat) Victoria under the caption Primus circumdedisti me

watermark Neptuno head with crown and trident

Signatures:

El Gobernador: Julio Carabias Salcedo

Interventor Adolfo Castaño Orejón

Cajero: Bonifacio Burgos Delgado

I have got both in my litle spanish collection

Congratulations both banknotes are more beautifuls and historics and explain historics events

Santiago

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a Spanish Fiesta here lately! I've received the last of my three Spain notes today: A 5 Pesetas note from 1945

t6dxzc.jpg

:doh: Spanish fiesta :-) This is a Spanish fiesta: :manana: jajjajaj

Front: Santa Fe capitulations Inspirated in monument of Mariano Benlliure ( This monument is in Plaza de Isabel La Católica in Granada ( Granada is the town that Has got La Alhambra)

Capitulations of Santa fe in english here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitulations_of_Santa_Fe

Back: Escene of the Gran Capitan in the wars of Granada

Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba was El Gran Capitan

El Gran Capitan In English here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Fern%C3%A1ndez_de_C%C3%B3rdoba

Signatures: El Gobernador Antonio Goicoechea Cosculluela

El Interventor: Antonio Victoriano Martín Martín

El Cajero: Juan Villarroya Masferner

This is a great note MauMauNotes! I've always like this note a lot. I've been looking for the 10,000 note as well, but its very hard for me to find one, and when I do it's usually circulated and well more than I want to pay! Perhaps just get two of these 5,000 notes and call it even, eh?

Congrats!

I almost forgot to ask: Do you know if the letter X on this note is a replacement indicator or simply a block letter?

tyvm :D

i really enjoy it (i also like the movies 'the bounty' (3 diff. versions) about Tahiti and later on Pitcairn

the guys in the note remember me (even if they might not be english?) of the story

actually i dont know about the X :S sorry...

my new arrival, ALBANIA 2000 Leke

935090A.jpg

935090B.jpg

it's also being an intense period with my baby, waking up us many times in the night and not letting me take back my sleep even during daytime :D:P

Baxuss - Nice set of French Polynesians there - Good Falklands too, though I wish their designs were not all the same. If they were, I'd probably have some.

Santiago - Thanks again for expounding on the notes history. Your specimens are very nice, indeed. I'd seen one in a catalogue, but thoguh it said that it was perforated, I couldn't see it. Now that I've seen yours, I could pick out the 'white on white' perforations in the catalogs photo. Thanks for sharing these - my favorite area of interest in banknotes if French influenced African notes. :)

MauMauNotes - another impressive note with that Albanian 2000 Leke.

And Congratulations on the new kid - I wonder how many kids have taken a pen to the Maze Design on the back of that note. haha :) Don't let your kid have at it too soon!

ty guys :D

well he will start (if he wants) with my coins :D, these notes will be the very last step :P (the hand over)

look what a beauty (no it's not mine)

the white heart is unique (instead of circle or oval)

i'm salivating :cry:

hello Mau Mau this banknote is very beautiful!! Baxus : also I really like banknotes of Polinesia

Dave Thank you very much for your comments

• 2 weeks later...

Nice note. I like the birds and the way they used the watermark area in the design.

Now that you mention it, I don't recall another design of a bankbote doing the watermark that way. I am going to go through all my notes see if there is another.