Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Continuing on with my Ghana set... I'v skipped a the issue just prior to this one, but these were available and tempting. A little intense on the color, but that seems to be the way a lot of designers like them lately. Easy to differentiate I guess. I'd prefer a step back in design with less intensity, and more artistic design. But I've said that before.

Nice notes everyone. While I'm a big Ghana fan, I do think the colors are a little overdone. I'll probably be looking for that set after the New Year.

Another invasion note from Malaysia. I think I have seen that OX cart before.

935581A.jpg

935581B.jpg

A promise to pay doesn't mean much if it just means lower denomination notes of the same, assuming you don't get shot or arrested for asking :lol:

I have a complete set of those which were sold by a stamp and coin company after the war, purporting to be notes for a planned invasion of the United States. Interesting designs though!

Indeed that was how they sold them, but in reality the dollar denominated notes were for the Malaysian theatre, and Singapore. Where they did use their own dollar.

My latest purchase:

katalog.jpg

Coins and Banknotes of Yugoslavia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Hezcegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia – 2. issue, 2011

Worth every penny

Nice! I saw an ad for that somewhere - sounds like it's a pretty comprehensive catalog.

Got a few things in yesterday and today. This is my favorite of them - $5 Hawaii FRN.

2emhc04.jpg

Great note Dave.

I got some nice new banknotes in Christmas cards. I've posted them in the Ghana and Columbus threads so I won't take up space by posting them here as well. Ah! Why note!

935613A.jpg

935613B.jpg

and

935612A.jpg

935612B.jpg

and

935611A.jpg

935611B.jpg