Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neat Guernsey notes, I like the tenner, I have the earlier example from the late 1960's that had a "borrowed" design from a 19th century note. Their notes are different - the early ones had unique designs that really could not be compared to another places banknotes.

The battle scene on the reverse also ties in with American history, that was the battle for the Toronto area when US forces invaded Canada during the War of 1812 - that whole campaign turned out to be a disaster for the Americans. BTW there are some great spots like forts etc to see there in that area from that era.

well done on the SS, mmmm :D

i have seen on the net some 'north sudan' what is it ? new denomination for the lasted part of sudan OR fantasy notes ?

I think they split officially into "Sudan" and "South Sudan". I would guess "North Sudan" would be "Sudan". I have seen fantasy notes from the area, so I am not sure.

love the red ones, historical portraits and old scenery (?) boats perhaps like in my last polynesia and st pierre

today got this one (love the back with the kings portrait and the style of the whole)

935389A.jpg

935389B.jpg

I like this note too - especially the back. It's a simple design, and I like that they didn't feel the need to fill the whole thing in. It really makes the note (in my opinion).

:bthumbsup:

on the top left of the back side, is it a lizard or crocodile skin ? :shock:

It looks like a Man/Crocodile concoction. In searching resources, it seems to be a type of symbol used to communicate the need for unity for a shared destiny. This makes sense considering that this note from the monetary union of the West African States.

It looks like a Man/Crocodile concoction. In searching resources, it seems to be a type of symbol used to communicate the need for unity for a shared destiny. This makes sense considering that this note from the monetary union of the West African States.

i see ! that makes sense

100.000 Lire, Type 2 - Radar ITALY

935395A.jpg

935395B.jpg

trying to complete my Italian collection. (radar is a casuality, not much interested)