CoinPeople.com

U.S. & World coin collecting

Dan769

What is your preference? Lightside or Darkside?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference? Lightside or Darkside?

• Collect United States coins only
    • Collect World coins only
    • Collect both U.S. & World coins equally
    • Collect U.S., dabble into World coins
    • Collect World coins, dabble into U.S. coins

It started out equally but I'm beginning to lean more towward the world side. US coins are getting too high for me for what I need. No big deal though, I'm happy where my collection stands.

I started out collecting US coins and only had a few world coins. In the past year or so, the World coins have dominated my collecting and so has world paper money.

It just seems that there is more of a variety in world coins than US. And US coins have lost alot of there appeal to me.

I voted the last option, but the reality is that I mainly collect British, followed by Conder Tokens, selected medals, type sets for Canada and Australia, then a US Type Set.

Aw, hell ... I guess I want one of everything :ninja:

Mostly world (and not very much of that). US i tend to go here and there with, mostly the earlier 1820s and before stuff is what grabs me. But i'm a real sucker for Washington quarters. (I like SLQs as well). I like Merc dimes alot but i generally find them ugly. That girl has got a seriously protruding chin (okay not quite like Morgans). But that kind of chin thing should be left to Roman Emperors like Vespasian.

These days i seem to be buying up Roman coins and reading all things Roman (always found Rome interesting but i managed to keep it supressed for several years), if this Romanitis continues much longer i'll be adorning a purple cloak and adopting the name Little Boots.

I think it's safe to say i'm primarily a world collector.

Archived