bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CF, you are lucky you could even get a Vatican €uro set :ninja:

I bought one of the 2002 San Marino sets, I had been on their mailing list for years so had priority for ordering, I bought it for $12.50 and sold for $212.50, but I regretted it afterwards.

Nothing!

I was suppose to receive a package 6 weeks ago and it never came.

I'm sure some numismatic postal worker is very happy with my 1986 silver eagle...

I bought one of the 2002 San Marino sets, I had been on their mailing list for years so had priority for ordering, I bought it for $12.50 and sold for $212.50, but I regretted it afterwards.

Why? Sounds like a good deal to me ...

Christian

Two Bank of Ireland £5's, one 1937 Canadian $1 in CU, and one aUnc 100 Piastres(1954) from French Indochina:

cambodiap97100dtl.jpg

cambodiap97100.jpg

Many lovely young ladies appeared on the colonial French notes issued for her far flung possessions around the world, unfortunately early on, most of them were French. Later on, with greater agitation by nationalists in her colonies, France began to issue paper money that showed the people from her diverse possessions instead of French women. This lovely note was issued in 1954, was issued in Cambodia, the reverse of the note has an image of Angkor Wat, but similar notes with different reverses were issued in Laos and in Viet-Nam. The three ladies are emblematic of the ethnic diversity of French Indochina, in this case represented by a Cambodian, Laotian, and Vietnamese women. This note is P-97. This series of notes surely must be the inspiration for a similar note currently issued in Laos with three young Laotian girls seen here:

I got...squat. But I did pick up a junk draped bust cent for $3. It's not dated, just the head is outlined and you can only see the bottom of the wreath. It goes into the pocket with my junk draped bust half cent hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mailman was good to me last week! First a nice 1823 bustie that I bought on eBay and was able to use a $10 off coupon:

1823p50cobv.JPG

1823p50crev.JPG

Next was a 1913-D Saint that was an upgrade and I was able to use a $100 off eBay coupon on this one:

1913d20dobv.JPG

1913d20drev.JPG

I am all out of eBay coupons now, so my buying may take a breather for a while!

Jeesh, that's a nice Saint Jeff. I still don't own even one! Maybe when I get a real job and graduate from school eh? :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

I took my wife shopping today and arrived home just in time to miss the mailman and two nice Schutzenfest medals from Switzerland.

I'll pickup the package at my Post Office on Monday and post some photos. One of them is from Basel and features the basilisk I am so fond of.

it's only AU

Feh, I still don't own one....not even a P-1 lol. Seriously though, that looks like a nice Au. Hows the set going btw?

Feh, I still don't own one....not even a P-1 lol. Seriously though, that looks like a nice Au. Hows the set going btw?

Well, the set is going slowly but surely, this is the first hole I've filled (not an upgrade) in more than a year! And this will probably be the last hole for a while since the rest are $5K+ holes! You can click on the link in my sig line to see the set as it stands currently, but I haven't had a chance to add photos or description for this one, probably this weekend though.