bobbycoin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hopefully today or tomorrow 24 10 russian kopecks from CCCP era (most 70-80-90's but a few early pieces good for a date run on the laters)

but inside this lot are

1936 (looks rather good from picture, lustre)

and 1967 50th anniversary

these earlier russians are hard to come by

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice coins jtryka :ninja: You will like the brand new Mexican 100 Pesos with the steam locomotive design, I like it because my great great grandfather was a road engineer in northern Mexico during the 1910's. I have an example winding my way up from old Mejico as we speak, will post when it comes.

My other hobby, model railroads - if you hadn't guessed.

Mine is in boxes still to, from a recent move. But I have a dedicated room, and the layout table is already set up - just no time and I am headed back over to Ukraine soon so it might be next year before it gets touched. I have mostly Wabash stuff, and some SP stuff - family history!

BTW you might like this:

Lucin Cut-Off - Great Salt Lake Causeway

• 1 month later...

Very nice Tommy. Today I received a 1999-S silver proof Roosevelt and a 1998-S silver proof Roosevelt. No pics however.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a King's Ransom of World Silver Coins from the following countries

Austraila, Belguim, British Honduras, Canada, Colombia, Eygpt, France, Great Britain, Hong kong, IndoChina, Nederlands, Nederlands Antilles, New Zealand, Panama, Philippines, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay, USA, and Venezuela

This is going to keep me busy for a while

So I've wanted David Bower's "The History of United States Coinage: As Illustrated by the Garrett Collection" for a long long time. I'm talking since back in the late 70's/early 80's. A week or 10 days ago Frannie had me looking for some stuff on Amazon. They had a sweepstakes you could enter by putting something in your "wish list". So I searched for the Garrett Collection and found a bunch of them. Prices were all over the place. Picked a seller with good feedback and a book in very good condition. Put it in my "wish list". Went back the next day and bought it. $15.68 plus 3.99 for s&h. Rather good, I think.

Book comes in today's mail. It's in great shape. Obviously used but never abused. Top it off -- book is signed with a dedication to James Ruddy by David Bowers. WOW! To me that makes it extra special.

So I've wanted David Bower's "The History of United States Coinage: As Illustrated by the Garrett Collection" for a long long time. I'm talking since back in the late 70's/early 80's. A week or 10 days ago Frannie had me looking for some stuff on Amazon. They had a sweepstakes you could enter by putting something in your "wish list". So I searched for the Garrett Collection and found a bunch of them. Prices were all over the place. Picked a seller with good feedback and a book in very good condition. Put it in my "wish list". Went back the next day and bought it. $15.68 plus 3.99 for s&h. Rather good, I think.

Book comes in today's mail. It's in great shape. Obviously used but never abused. Top it off -- book is signed with a dedication to James Ruddy by David Bowers. WOW! To me that makes it extra special.

Great catch, Art! :ninja:

Nice toned Canadian half dollar (PCGS MS63). A bit of a cameo effect on the obverse. Hard to tell on the image, but the obverse field has areas where there's parallel lines, similar to those found on specimen strikes. I don't believe they had specimen strikes at that time, so perhaps it's just from a fresh set of dies?

my%201941%2050cent%20PCGS%20MS63%20toned.jpg