bobbycoin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I had seen according to USPS that it had been delivered on Thursday, but the cruddy campus mail system didn't get it to me til tonight. I told them they had it and they said they didnt. Then suddenly I open my mailbox later and BAM tons of mail that had been here for a few days. Great service... can't wait to leave them.

Anywho, the new addition from Heritage will be in my thread

Enjoy

938956.jpg

2 1/2 shillings coin from Biafra, when it tried to separate from Nigeria. :ninja: These coins are hard to find, although notes seem to be plentiful. I hunted this particular denomination down for the leopard depicted on it. I collect coins with cats on them. I'm quite proud of this newest addition!

938956.jpg

2 1/2 shillings coin from Biafra, when it tried to separate from Nigeria. :ninja: These coins are hard to find, although notes seem to be plentiful. I hunted this particular denomination down for the leopard depicted on it. I collect coins with cats on them. I'm quite proud of this newest addition!

Congrats. I had no idea about this little country-wannabe.

Great coin. I hope you enjoy it. I've seen the Biafra shillings before. There was one at last year's Ocala show that I wanted to buy but the dealer had already sold it and was holding on to it for the buyer. Turns out to be a good buddy of mine that bought it. AND it was a steal.

The UPS guy brought me some coin reference books. A whole box full.

1. 'A Quick Reference to the Top Lincoln Cent Die Varieties' by Wagnon, Peterson and Flynn.

2. 'The Lincoln Cent Doubled Die' by John A. Wexler

3. 'Reprints' by Joja Jemz.

4. 'Over Mintmarks and Hot Repunched Mintmarks' by Flynn and Wexler.

5. 'The Jefferson Nickel RPM Book, Update 2001-2002' by James Wiles.

Of course, my hubby doesn't yet know this is a very late or very early Christmas present from him. :ninja:

Corky

Tuition bills from USC. Plus property taxes due... :ninja:

And the new 2008 Redbook!

Awaiting a 1740 Swiss 1/4 Taler from Canton Basel in extremely nice condition...

My latest purchase. I know at least one CP that will like this.

1830 CAPPED BUST HALF DOLLAR (Lettered Edge) (O-111, R.2.) (Ex. Jules Reiver Collection) AU-58

939821.jpg

My latest purchase. I know at least one CP that will like this.

1830 CAPPED BUST HALF DOLLAR (Lettered Edge) (O-111, R.2.) (Ex. Jules Reiver Collection) AU-58

939821.jpg

You are right. There IS at least one. :ninja: I always enjoy seeing Jules' old coins in the hands of collectors.

Edit to add: And so would have he.

I got this one in the mail today for my Peace set:

1934d1dobv.JPG

1934d1drev.JPG

And these a few days ago from a trade with Marvin (I never noticed till I took the pics that these have a medal allignment). I really like the Thuringen design on the lower left.

2007d10eobv.JPG

2007d10erev.JPG

And these a few days ago from a trade with Marvin (I never noticed till I took the pics that these have a medal allignment). I really like the Thuringen design on the lower left.

Well, "medal" and "coin" alignment are American terms that would not make much sense in many other countries. Every German coin has this parallel alignment, and pretty much every euro coin regardless of the issuing country. Actually I don't think there are many European countries that use the inverse alignment. As for Asia and Africa, I would have to look that up, but I suspect not many have it.

Yes, the Elisabeth von Thüringen (Elizabeth of Hungary) is a very nice design. Wilhelm Busch is OK too, especially the woodcut style background. The Saarland coin ... the theme design is fairly dull, and the federal eagle seems to suffer from an electric shock. :ninja:

Christian

compared to the federal eagle of the "50 years of German television"- commemorative, this suffering federal eagle is quite a very attractive one, huh? :ninja:

Well, if you have a television coin with a blank screen, why not have a "solid" eagle that cannot fly? ;) The eagle on the Philipp Melanchthon (1997) coin for example http://www.eurocollections.com/images/image.php?image=1828 was pretty bad too.

And to be on-topic: Got a couple of Polish 2 zl commems ... except that I already had the ones from the "coins on coins" series. The others are neat additions to my collection. Too bad they have so many issues per year.

Christian

• 2 weeks later...