What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my 1818 today, you can look at it here: http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/re...leCoinID=465274

Sorry, I looked and I typed 1812, but I must have been confused, it was an 1818 that I bought!

You'll be giving that away in a cointest right? :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They work. Thanks.

Question: How long do you look for a suitable bust half before you add it to your collection?

I've been casually browsing dealer's stocks for the last year or so and I haven't found a good combination of die state, wear, original toning, and price. I guess that's also why I'm single.

I guess my standards must be lower than yours! For coins like these, I am really attracted to that peripheral toning pattern, the 1829 shows it more than the 25, but it's there. Beyond that, I don't really get too hung up on the details. These two I bought from JJ Teaparty, and all I saw was a photo of the 25, and Gail assured me that the 29 was even better and that I was sure to like it, and she was correct! I actually like the 29 a lot more and it cost less!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the mail I received two beautiful half-cents. They will have honored slots in my type set. A special Thank you to m, who sent them as a "get well" gift. One of the kindest things I can remember.

Boy, I didn't now about that semi-key dime! I know any coin that Tommy posts is $$$ so that's how I verified it's collectable status. I love that series and wish I could find coins like that at stores/shows.

In the mail I received two beautiful half-cents. They will have honored slots in my type set. A special Thank you to m, who sent them as a "get well" gift. One of the kindest things I can remember.

:ninja: Oops, did that hurt your arm? Or are you just screaming with joy?

• 2 weeks later...
Nice halfs. You've got quite a collection of them by now. Are you getting thenew St. ?

Yes, I did order it the day it came out (though later in the evening after the rush!), but we'll see when it arrives, tentatively scheduled for 2/20.

1984 and 1998 Mint Unc sets. Beautiful clean sets atvery reasoable prices. They'll be broken up to fill some Dansco slots.

• 2 weeks later...