CoinPeople.com

Coin Insurance?

Rabone

Coin insurance. Do you have any? If you do, who underwrote it for you? Did you add it as a rider on your homeowners or renters insurance policy?

I know of only one collector who says they have insurance, and they got theirs after a theft occurred at their home.

If you do have insurance, did you have to submit a current inventory of your collection along with pictures to prove you had them?

Any information on this subject would be helpful. I believe my personal collection is just now reaching critical mass that needs two things, 1) a very good fireproof safe and 2) insurance covering acts of God and theft.

Thanks.

I agree that the ANA policy looks awfully good. You don't have to have appraisals and all that stuff. Not sure what they do if you have a claim. It's pretty reasonably priced.

I used to have a rider on my homeowner's for my coins and cameras. Then the prices went up. Then they wanted the coins in the bank.......

So - I got rid of most of the coins. Got rid of most of the cameras.

:ninja:

I have my coins insured and it is part of my home insurance. I usually send an updated list once a year. However, the value that I have it insured for has either been reached or very close to it. So I have to do a new inventory this summer and then see if my policy needs tweaking.

I have my coins insured and it is part of my home insurance. I usually send an updated list once a year. However, the value that I have it insured for has either been reached or very close to it. So I have to do a new inventory this summer and then see if my policy needs tweaking.

Well U All have High Priced Collection With high value Coins So insurance Would be A Good idea

But Try A Collection Worth $80 to $86 Buying insurance For low Priced Collection, With Low value Coins just is A Waste Of Money

JMHO

The ANA insurance looks like a feelgood policy to me. I wouldn't bother with it unless I knew someone who had collected on a claim and could tell me how their service is in that department.

My homeowners policy covers some of what I own in the way of coins and collectibles but I'd anticipate a real hassle if I ever had to make a claim.

The ANA insurance looks like a feelgood policy to me.  I wouldn't bother with it unless I knew someone who had collected on a claim and could tell me how their service is in that department.

My homeowners policy covers some of what I own in the way of coins and collectibles but I'd anticipate a real hassle if I ever had to make a claim.

Safe deposit box.

Safe deposit box.

That's where my good stuff is going after I get them all imaged :ninja:

I have a fire proof safe for my guns and ammo. So I just made room for my coins in it. If it ever gets hot enough in there for the ammo to go off I'll have a bunch of holey coins.

:ninja:

That might not be a good idea. The solvents, oils and preservatives used on the guns may wind up being harmful to the coins.