CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1999 D U.S. Half Dollar. Somewhere in the "EF" category.

Yes folks, they still circulate a bit. This was change from buying a pack of gum at a gas station at 5:15 am so I wouldn't have the dreaded Coffee Breath after the long drive to Sacramento.

On second look, maybe it's AU with bagmarks all to hell and back. Lots of scratches and nicks, but very little actual wear, detectable wear on the eagle's head and where the shield meets the neck, full detail on JFK's hair and cheekbone. No rim dings either.

Hello, pocket piece.

Dateless Buffalo Type II

1929 wheat back in Vg

1972 Ike

1953-D Red Unc wheatback (I find the uncs a lot from the 50's, must escape pretty frequently)

All recently from your cash drawers?! wow.

Yep, every once in a while we get a nice flow coming in. About a year ago I found nearly $8.00 face in silver quarters mixed in about 18 rolls of quarters and 6 registers. Someone must've given a roll or two to the bank. Best thing I found still is that civil war token a few months ago though, here are some pics from my old post! I still am waiting to find a liberty head (V) nickel, or a indian head.

1zgqdmt.jpg

1zgqdxv.jpg

All-time:

1964 quarter at high school cafeteria

1957 dime (reached into the cashier's till to get it ;) )

1964 dime in earnings for choir fundraiser

192? (don't have it on me now) wheatie from Wal-Mart self-checkout machine

Various early 40's (no silver ;) ) nickels

After a summer at White Castle and 4 months at a skating rink, no more silver finds.

What do you have to do to get a job at a bank? :ninja:

1964 dime in earnings for choir fundraiser

Here is a good discussion for everyone:

You see a coin or note that someone donated towards a charity or for a fundraiser. You don't have any change or cash on you to replace it with. You really really wanna have it. What do your morals tell you to do?

Here is a good discussion for everyone:

You see a coin or note that someone donated towards a charity or for a fundraiser. You don't have any change or cash on you to replace it with. You really really wanna have it. What do your morals tell you to do?

Leave it be.

You know how you see the Leave a Penny - Take a Penny dishes in many stores now, I have on a couple of occasions spied wheat cents in them. I put a cent or nickel in and adopt the little orphan. I just hate seeing a wheat cent in for instance the Tim Hortons donation box and not being able to adopt it.

That depends...

1) If I have anything a dollar or less on me (but equal to or greater than the face value of the coin)

2) Can I reach the little bugger?

3) Newer wheaties I wouldn't give much thought about if it is in anything more than a "take-a-penny-leave-a-penny" dish, but if I see anything silver, I might spend half an hour contemplating.

I wonder if you can request the keys from the manager if you offer a big enough donation for sorting through a box's contents...