CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1959derror.jpg

Got this in change at Babies R Us this afternoon, funny thing was a survey printed for a Satisfaction with the transaction! Now of course I am satisfied, because not only did I get a 48 yr old coin, but one with a neat little die crack at the back of Lincoln's head, giving him a little curly cue at the back of his hair.

Searched 2.500 cents today for the pre-1982 bronzes and came up with about

1/4 bronze and the following fringe benefits;

1925 in VF!

1941-S

1947-S

1950-D

1952-D

1954-D

1956-D

1957-D

1958-D

1969-S

1971-S x 2

1972-S

1974-S

It seems like I get about 1 early pre-1940 for every 2.500 cents, in one

search a couple of months ago I got a 1910 and then a 1919-S.

Bump.

Just got this guy in change. My questions are:

1939jeff.jpg

What are the diagnostics for the 1938 rev vs the 1940 rev?

What are the diagnostics for the 1939 Doubled Monticello?

Nice find. Sorry but I don't know much about th Jefferson Varieties. Perhaps someone has the book.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I went to the bank to get into my safe deposit box and the coin counting machine is right next to the boxes in the vault, so I spied what I though was silver in the plastic bag of halves, so I bought all $40 they had and landed me a nice toned 1964 Kennedy!

An Unc 58-D wheatie, no doubt liberated from someones collection. Won't see me complaining about a red unc wheatie in change though lol.

I tend to find a higher percentage of wheat cents here in Canada, than I ever did in the US. In fact, I've found more wheat cents in circulation in the 4.5 years I've been in Canada than I ever found in almost 3 decades in the US. I think the Canadians just go: "bleh, American penny" and pass it along, whereas the average American might see it and go "neat, I'll save this one". That being said, I got a 1947ML Canadian penny, a couple of 2 Euro cent coins, and a 1 cent Bahamian coin in this past weeks change. Not a bad week overall.

I tend to find a higher percentage of wheat cents here in Canada, than I ever did in the US. In fact, I've found more wheat cents in circulation in the 4.5 years I've been in Canada than I ever found in almost 3 decades in the US. I think the Canadians just go: "bleh, American penny" and pass it along, whereas the average American might see it and go "neat, I'll save this one". That being said, I got a 1947ML Canadian penny, a couple of 2 Euro cent coins, and a 1 cent Bahamian coin in this past weeks change. Not a bad week overall.

Similarly I have found a lot of older QEII cents, and even GVI cents in change here in the USA. I got a 1958 cent just the other day.

Bump.

Just got this guy in change. My questions are:

1939jeff.jpg

What are the diagnostics for the 1938 rev vs the 1940 rev?

What are the diagnostics for the 1939 Doubled Monticello?

4ghwls5.jpg

This is the '39 DDR Jeff.