CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the chance to raid the coinstar "junk/trash" bin yesterday. I pulled out a silver earing, a sharks tooth, 2 1 francs made into pendants, 7 silver rosies, and a 39 merc in Vf. I was a happy little camper! :ninja:

Oh, and I forget if I mentioned this, but I found a 1939 10 cent from the Netherlands on the floor in my store. I cannot even imagine how it got there, or who had it with them to drop in the first place. But I was really happy to find it! Blows my mind sometimes lol.

Oh, and I forget if I mentioned this, but I found a 1939 10 cent from the Netherlands on the floor in my store. I cannot even imagine how it got there, or who had it with them to drop in the first place. But I was really happy to find it! Blows my mind sometimes lol.

To think what happened in the Netherlands the year or two after that 10 center was minted... Could that coin have been held in Nazi hands? Or maybe used by the resistance to bribe someone.

To think what happened in the Netherlands the year or two after that 10 center was minted... Could that coin have been held in Nazi hands? Or maybe used by the resistance to bribe someone.

Not sure how much bribing would be going on with a silver coin as small as a 3-cent silver! I still have a bunch of Dutch 10-cent coins from a trip back in 1996, and they have got to be the smallest, most annoying coins ever minted by man!

Not sure how much bribing would be going on with a silver coin as small as a 3-cent silver! I still have a bunch of Dutch 10-cent coins from a trip back in 1996, and they have got to be the smallest, most annoying coins ever minted by man!

Haha, yeah, they really are awesome like that. :ninja:

I have a few of those little nibblers lying around somewhere, but I think I got some Ukrainian 1 Kopiyok coins in change that were smaller and more worthless.

Stopped at the McDonald's drive through this morning for breakfast and got a 1909 wheatie in change!!!

WOW :ninja:

I wonder if McD's is giving out coins as prizes with each purchase. And like their Monopoly game, you have to collect them all to get some good prize... Hey.. don't dis my idea, it's early in the morning (11:42 am)

I got a couple of the mid 90's design $5 bills recently. Both very faded... Found a 1964 penny on the ground yesterday. And at the bank yesterday, I got 4 1985 $20 bills. 2 of them were in great condition and were even from the same bank and started with the same first 3 serial #'s...I just thought it was weird getting 4 of these old 20's at the same time...I hadn't seen one in the wild in quite some time.

I guess it cannot be a circulation find, but maybe a what was it doing and why was it there find... Yesterday while going through a WPM catalog looking up Hungarian banknotes, I found a series 1963-A Barr note, which I must have gotten out of circulation years ago and used as a bookmark and forgot about it.

Oh the wonderful irony...

Got a Bicentennial Quarter and a 1944-D Nick in the same handful of change today. I noticed the nick right away (old ones are so easily spotted) and then a few minutes later I noticed the quarter.

Why irony? Look at my above post... This nickel is perfectly 3 times my age! 63 years old! So cool!

Got a Bicentennial Quarter and a 1944-D Nick in the same handful of change today. I noticed the nick right away (old ones are so easily spotted) and then a few minutes later I noticed the quarter.

Why irony? Look at my above post... This nickel is perfectly 3 times my age! 63 years old! So cool!

It is also silver, and worth about 75¢ or so.

while joggin the German/Dutch border trail here, near myhouse, I found a 1977 Deutsch 10 Pfennig. Once I wiped the dirt it wasn't half bad. I think it got kicked out by some farmers or something.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Europe-we have no easy button

while joggin the German/Dutch border trail here, near myhouse, I found a 1977 Deutsch 10 Pfennig. Once I wiped the dirt it wasn't half bad. I think it got kicked out by some farmers or something.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Europe-we have no easy button

1877?