CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so everyone always finds things in CoinStars. The only time I use them is when I'm too lazy to wait for the bank teller to rewrap my searched rolls. Therefore I know exactly what is in those rolls and what the CoinStar rejects.

How do you guys not know what you are putting in the coinstar assuming it is your already-searched change? Or are you looking in some secret compartment that others don't look in after depositing their change.

So, where is the reject tray?

I wish there was a CoinStar somewhere in Rolla; there was one at my old grocery store at my folks' house but I never knew there was a reject tray and I could potentially find silver in it.

I tried to be sneaky the other day. The bottoms of the reject bins are hard metal so when the reject coins hit bottom the make a loud racket and folks look down to notice the hitherto fore unnoticed reject bin.

I put a square piece of felt on the bottom of my local Coinstar machine reject bin the other day. When I checked back that evening not only were there no coins but the felt was taken as well :ninja:

2004 $20 star

I had to handle very large sums of money today and I got the urge to look through everything. Oddly, that star was the only interesting note in the bunch.

I've never found a star note before, only bought them. Well, I guess I'm about to shell out $20 of my own money to give it a new home.

2 - 2000 P sacawagea dollars. Thing is they look like the were freshly broken out of rolls.

And seven years from now we'll be finding Washingtons like that...

P.S. I have never found a War nickel in circulation. Two silver dimes and a silver quarter, but no War nickels. :ninja:

No, a nice VG or F Morgan is the best circulated numismatic piece ever. But for current circulating coins, none of them are great. Worn Franklins of days gone by were nice looking as well as Liberty Nickels. Maybe the Jefferson is OK, but nothing like our turn of the 20th century coinage for graceful aging.

No, a nice VG or F Morgan is the best circulated numismatic piece ever. But for current circulating coins, none of them are great. Worn Franklins of days gone by were nice looking as well as Liberty Nickels. Maybe the Jefferson is OK, but nothing like our turn of the 20th century coinage for graceful aging.

Well, if we're talking about of all coins (I was just talking about the Jeff, roosie, lincoln, and washington), then my vote is for barber coinage that shows beautiful wear at all grades.