Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For notes, I am more of a type note collector, but if you are looking at my banknote bank set, there are just all manner of things in there. For the large size I collect exclusively by type, for small size, I collect more by series, as I generally try to get at least 10 consecutive CU $1 notes for every new series that comes out, but for larger denominations, it's whatever series I can find, mostly from circulation. Hence the seeming hodge podge of a collection I have!

Well, my set has nothing on the one Jtryka just posted, but here it is anyway.

BTW - I REALLY like those notes, Jtryka!

Oh, yeah - here's mine from Zambia:

2it350y.jpg

I love this series. I collect them by type as well. It was the first non-US series I had ever completed and absolutely gorgeous, so I got them framed in a long narrow frame. I am going to swap the paper 500 and 1000 kwachas out in place of the polymers though, they dont quite fit with the series when its used as a piece of art. I have all the different types back to 1980 except the 1992 5,000 Kw and the 2001 10,000 Kw. Btw if you need a 20 Kw PM your address Dave.

Well, keep in mind that it's been only 114 years since we produced my set of beauties, a truly sad state of affairs! I do like those Zambian notes, I have a couple, I think they were Art's Christmas notes, but pretty designs and a very nice feel to the printing on the paper notes, high quality.

paraguay2000dtl.jpg

paraguay2000.jpg

Adela and Celsa Speratti were sisters and 19th century educators who were instrumental in the creation of the Escuela Normal de Profesoras del Paraguay which was one of the first higher learning institutions founded in Paraguay. Adela was the first director of the institution and remained so until her unexpected demise in 1902. Both sisters were prominent in the promotion of education for women in Paraguay, something that prior to their creating the Escuela Normal de Profesoras del Paraguay. This lovely note was printed by François Charles Oberthur Technologies of Paris, France on polymer substrate and has a number of significant measures to prevent forgery.

Neat note! French printed too, so DaveM will have to get one of these as well. Interesting that there is what appears to be indigenous language for the denomination on the reverse - First I've noticed that on a South American banknote. I'll have to delve further into that to be sure, though. Only thing I don't care for is that they needed to hire someone with better skills with Photoshop to color in the rear photo - it's certainly noticeable though!

Is this part of a new series or just this one denomination?

WoW that Educational series is really nice! Would be hard not to have hanging over your desk so you could check it out all the time :ninja:

Neat note! French printed too, so DaveM will have to get one of these as well.

One of these days I might start picking up the modern FCO-printed notes, but for the moment my "French Banknote" collection ends somewhere around 1980 or so.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...