CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

Wonderful! Love the colors and the design.

I didn't know you had an error collection too. What a great link between the two!

You probably have forgotten I created quite a few of the flash shows in 2006 for the various banknote collection which resides in my website.

Here is the link to recall your memory : http://www.notepassion.com/Error-Bird-$1.htm

:ninja:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice notes. That $5 is especially nice. The reverse vignettes - Columbus and Pilgrims if I recall correctly are super pieces of art.

I see your good taste in banknotes travels into Iberia too, eh? Spanish banknotes are always a treat to behold aren't they? These are harder to find in UNC than one might suppose, too. Surprisingly, the prices dont' fully reflect that scarcity for those higher grades ... yet.

Congrats on the new notes!

I see your good taste in banknotes travels into Iberia too, eh? Spanish banknotes are always a treat to behold aren't they? These are harder to find in UNC than one might suppose, too. Surprisingly, the prices dont' fully reflect that scarcity for those higher grades ... yet.

Congrats on the new notes!

THANKS DAVE ! Still not able to get my favorite AMERICAN note yet....

THANKS DAVE ! Still not able to get my favorite AMERICAN note yet....

Ah, you just need to take the plunge! As our Admiral Farragut said, "Damn the torpedoes, Full Steam Ahead!"

I'm still keeping an eye out for that note for you, my friend. One day I'll yell "Thar She Blows!" But gee, they're spendy!

Oh at least I have beatens the lots of you by getting the Spanish and Mexican notes before ya's :ninja:

Both sets of them are ones that are out of the usual for my collection, other than with the Spanish notes they are very finely printed by BW&S and the Mexican $100 just has amazing colouring and a nice design coupled with being polymer. Kind of shames our boring currency doesn't it?

I haven't seen the Spanish note, can you tell me more?

They are in Madisons's post way up above, the 100 ptas and 1000 ptas notes.

BTW JT have you seen this new Mexican note also:

mexico200pesos2010dtl.jpg

mexico200pesos2010.jpg

Curiously whilst BdM did the $100 in polymer, this one is in regular banknote paper.

Are those Mexican note regular circulation issues, or are they more of a NCLT type of thing (like how the 2000 yen notes and US $2 don't really circulate)?

They are circulating issues. That is the nice thing about Mexico, they issue worthwhile collectables, at face value in both coins and paper money and everything circulates - though the silver coins tend to get saved. They haven't done NCLT stuff in a long time, and actually those were medals in gold that were made up through the 1960s struck on the 50 Pesos blanks - and I collect them whenever I can find them.

Super notes. How do you get the isolated images of some of the vignettes? I'd love to learn how to do that. I can cut & paste. But when I increase the size of the image it gets freaky looking.

They are circulating issues. That is the nice thing about Mexico, they issue worthwhile collectables, at face value in both coins and paper money and everything circulates - though the silver coins tend to get saved. They haven't done NCLT stuff in a long time, and actually those were medals in gold that were made up through the 1960s struck on the 50 Pesos blanks - and I collect them whenever I can find them.

Curious, what is NCLT? I can understand by context, but would like if someone can put out what it stands for!!!

Super notes. How do you get the isolated images of some of the vignettes? I'd love to learn how to do that. I can cut & paste. But when I increase the size of the image it gets freaky looking.

Art, I scan them at a high resolution, usually 600dpi for banknotes which gives you a very large image with great detail. Then with the note images I just reduce the size of the images to approx. 800 pixels wide for easy viewing. The vignettes I cut out at the scanned image size and do no reductions on them.

You can reduce the image size with not much loss of detail, but the other way around only stretches the pixels and blurs the image.