CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

Yeah there's something that draws almost everyone to that nice red color. I have only to get the 1923 red seal and my $1 type set from 1899-present will be done. I will want to upgrade a couple someday, but it's nice to have it this close to completion.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave - Congrats. That's a nice A-A with a low serial, good grade plus the red seal. You are moving towards fancy numbers. I like that :ninja:

This is my earlier red seal piece.

917253A.jpg

Updates - My first Yugoslavia 1929 solid 888 on the way. Yesterday, just won 2 Singapore lots at a public auction - one low serial crossover set and low serial commemorative set. Another scarce HK BOC solid 555555 hopefully will be mine. Still bidding. Will post later when they arrives.

Dave - Congrats. That's a nice A-A with a low serial, good grade plus the red seal. You are moving towards fancy numbers. I like that :ninja:

This is my earlier red seal piece.

917253A.jpg

Updates - My first Yugoslavia 1929 solid 888 on the way. Yesterday, just won 2 Singapore lots at a public auction - one low serial crossover set and low serial commemorative set. Another scarce HK BOC solid 555555 hopefully will be mine. Still bidding. Will post later when they arrives.

Nice red seal semi solid See323! Looking forward to your posts of new notes when you can.

This is the Ship series crossover prefix D/14 low serial numbers set. D/14 prefix contained two signatures - GKS and HTT. Usually, Singapore banknotes do not have such crossovers except for the some earlier Orchid Series banknotes.

see323@0322508084149.jpg

Wow - I didn't know there was a 1928 red seal $1!

The deuces on the other hand I run into now and then here, usually in very low grades.

They were printed in small numbers as noted above, held in the Treasury for years and then released into circulation mostly in Puerto Rico in the 1940's. Most people in the continental USA would have never seen them.

They were printed in small numbers as noted above, held in the Treasury for years and then released into circulation mostly in Puerto Rico in the 1940's. Most people in the continental USA would have never seen them.

That's a scarce note. :ninja:

That's a scarce note. :ninja:

I collect only the small size in US Currency, and this was nearly the toughest note for me to acquire. But the prices have really climbed since I got mine a few years ago.

I just picked this one up, I wonder who did the design work.

926667A.jpg

Woah! Trippy - Was it Timothy Leary? I wouldn't want to look at that while going down the stairs - It's likely to induce dizzyness!. Nice note though- nice low number too!

Nice Singaporean notes, Monetary Agency is new issuing authority?

This is the first note issued by MAS since her merger with the Board of Commissioners of Currency, Singapore. I bought them at the auction a few days ago. They were issued sometime back as commemoratives. Only 10,000 pieces were available for sales. Each note specially overprinted with "Commemorative First Note Issue by MAS and bearing an unique prefix "MAS".

Waiting to receive three new HK notes for my collection early next week.

2005 HSBC $1000, HSBC $50 First Prefix and BOC $100 (no pic).

1980HSBC50A1555555a.jpg

1980HSBC50A1555555b.jpg

2005HSBC1000CF555555a.jpg

2005HSBC1000CF555555b.jpg

Darn, I missed the Mavin's completely, there were a couple of lots I had my eye on!!

Good catch on the solids there!! I assume these are from Mavin's auction!