CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

i dont have yet a pic with the reverse but you can find on google :ninja: with search "1000 lei 1934" and the bill have 4 watermarks. 1. Head of emp Traian on the right circle, 2. the BNR monogram in lower white circle, 3. value "1000"in high round circle and 4- value "1000 lei" in center white case.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JT, you should be able to log into your account on HA and see your auction wins. So far HA has never let me down, unlike that NYC auction house - where you think you won something and find out later it didn't meet reserve or the consignor pulled it after the auction.

i dont have yet a pic with the reverse but you can find on google :ninja: with search "1000 lei 1934" and the bill have 4 watermarks. 1. Head of emp Traian on the right circle, 2. the BNR monogram in lower white circle, 3. value "1000"in high round circle and 4- value "1000 lei" in center white case.

This is the scans

br_07_edited.jpg

Got this nice numbered district note in the mail today. It's one of my few graded notes - PMG 64 EPQ.

For some reason, I seem to have more difficulty getting the correct exposure on the scans of my US notes. They never quite reflect the true colors, in some areas putting in dark areas that aren't visible, while still too light in others. Likely a good thing for counterfeiting purposes I guess, but frustrating nonetheless.

mb61sg.jpg

Well, I don't have official word yet, but it appears that I've completed my educational set at the Heritage auction last night, buying the deuce and fin in VF, a nice matched set. I'll post pics in a couple weeks when they arrive.

Oh gees, are you going to keep us in suspense or what?

Oh gees, are you going to keep us in suspense or what?

Wow, somebody is impatient! I think I won them, but it won't be official in my mind until I get an invoice, which given the busyness of FUN probably won't be until midweek. In case you are wondering, the lot numbers were 15289 and 15315.

Wow, somebody is impatient! I think I won them, but it won't be official in my mind until I get an invoice, which given the busyness of FUN probably won't be until midweek. In case you are wondering, the lot numbers were 15289 and 15315.

Well, here's hoping that you got 'em! Be sure to post them when you can - Maybe even your whole set?!

Got this nice numbered district note in the mail today. It's one of my few graded notes - PMG 64 EPQ.

For some reason, I seem to have more difficulty getting the correct exposure on the scans of my US notes. They never quite reflect the true colors, in some areas putting in dark areas that aren't visible, while still too light in others. Likely a good thing for counterfeiting purposes I guess, but frustrating nonetheless.

mb61sg.jpg

It's notes like this that make me check this thread! :ninja:

that's an awesome looking note. i've only ever seen these online (or on a book cover) but i'd love to have one someday ...

Incredibly a real stinker to scan, the moire patterns with shifting inks really do their best to thwart technology that wasn't available until 60 years later, gotta appreciate Joh Enschede en Zonen for going hi tech even then.

Invoice arrived today, and they are both mine! I just need to pay for them! :ninja:

Believe me, HA wants their dosh. The other day I totalled up one years worth of purchases from just them, - lets say I really needed a good stiff drink afterwards.

Believe me, HA wants their dosh. The other day I totalled up one years worth of purchases from just them, - lets say I really needed a good stiff drink afterwards.

I just noticed the duece has only a 5 digit serial number which is kinda cool!

I got a load of non-US notes in today. I finally got a 1974 50 Ngwee from Zambia, a few of the new 10,000 kwachas hybrids, and some Iranian notes. The guy also gave me a free set of Bosnian notes from the 10 to the 1,000 dinar (I think dinar anyway). Very cool pile. Plus I finally got the 1991 50 kwacha note that has been killing me to find, just need to wait for it to arrive. :ninja:

That's why God invented single malt Scotch... :ninja:

Well, they were requested all together, but if you click on my banknote bank collection: http://www.banknotebank.com/user_view.aspx?id=Empire_Builder you can see larger photos of all of them (though the $1 might be a page or two in).