CoinPeople.com

Funny hair?

Dockwalliper

Really bad lighting. Fire the photographer! Check http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?action=Photo to find the mint's images (and images of the 1933 $20 gold!).

Well, to me it isn't just the hair that looks bad. The portrait reminds me of those old "Planet of the Apes" movie series from the '70s. TJ could be one of the ape characters. Our mint seems to have no access to engravers worthy of the job title.

Ringo Starr from about 35 years ago? That is truly one ugly coin.

I will wait until I see one in person but I am not impressed by the looks of that image from Ebay.

BTW: I think the Return To Monticello stuff is just hokey. :ninja:

Really bad lighting. Fire the photographer! Check http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?action=Photo to find the mint's images (and images of the 1933 $20 gold!).

Was Jefferson a flower child? His eyes are all whirly-swirly. :ninja:

I will wait until I see one in person but I am not impressed by the looks of that image from Ebay.

I will wait before I pass judgement too, but on first impression I prefer last year's version.

BTW: I think the Return To Monticello stuff is just hokey. :lol:

You do the hokey-pokey and they turn a nice pro-fit.

That's what it's all about! :cry:

:ninja: Yikes

but, to keep it fair, I'll do the same as Stujoe and Sir Sisu, wail till I have one in hand and only then make up my opinion on it.

bah... what fun is that? waiting until you have all the facts before you form an opinion... next thing is that you'll tell us that you actually stop at all stop signs. ;) ;) :lol::cry:

Archived