What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, after buying that MacArthur 50-centavo at the coin show last Saturday I got the bug and bought a 2-coin set off eBay which arrived yesterday. It came with what might be the original packaging, but I am not sure. It's basically a paper folder with two celophane windows for the coins that tell a little about them, like the mintage (100K for the 1-poso, 200K for the 50-centavo). The back of the folder has a PO Box address in Manila. Anyhow, the coins are fabulous and the packaging was just an extra bonus!

phil1.jpg

phil2.jpg

phil3.jpg

phil4.jpg

Two lovely $20 Federal Reserve Notes -- 1950 & 1953 series.

Large Cent 1848 VF w/a slight bend -- great details for my type set.

Bills, bills, bills, and more bills.

No coins today, only banknotes:

Russia:

10 Roubles 1997

10 Roubles 1997 (2004)

50 Roubles 1997 (2004)

USA:

5 Dollars 2003

10 Dollars 2003

898273A.jpg

Just love them :ninja:

Yesterday I got a 2006 Redbook from Art along with 100 intis, a 2005 leather bound Redbook from NGC and a token from the WCC/PNNA show in Portland. There is a gentleman that exhibits at most of the northwest coin shows that hand strikes tokens for the shows, and I e-mailed him and asked for one since I can no longer attend those shows being 2400 miles away. I received the token yesterday and his other tokens were mostly dime sized with historically based designs (one year it was a pine tree shilling, etc.) and this year the coin was tiny! He wrote a description, and it was based on an ancient design of an athena head from the 3rd century BC. In the photo I put it next to a Dutch 10-cent so you can see how tiny it is! Very neat!

My wife got a summons for jury duty. Hope she gets one of those extremely long trials that keeps her away for several months or a year. Then I can have some real fun. :ninja: