bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday I got a bunch of peace dollars for my registry set and my winnings from Dave's auction (which also included a peace dollar):

Very Very Nice!!

johns5067.jpg

Very scarce penny from King John of Scotland(1292-1296) whose reign time period was very disingeniously portrayed in Braveheart though he was never mentioned in the movie. When William Wallace fought and one the first major battle at Falkirk, he was still loyal to King John. This penny was minted in the first couple of years of the reign and is known as the "Rough Surface" issue because of the crude design. It was minted at St. Andrews, and has CIVITAS SANDRE on the reverse. The coin is S-5067.

• 2 months later...
Thanks guys. I especially like the bisecting die cracks on the obverse even if it would probably be worth about 3 times as much without them.

Give me ANY coin riddled with die cracks and I will be happy. I love seeing die deterioration, it shows more history than a crisply struck coin in my opinion.

The PO brings me junk every day......Junk mail that is.

Isn't it something how they can religiously drop off every piece of junk mail but not the important stuff? Last week I did not get a registered slip for a package I tracked into the United States, AGAIN, my PO keeps doing this, so I questioned the clerk, she went back, and sure enough there it was. They never used to believe me, now when they see me they automatically bolt for the registered cage.