CoinPeople.com

Which silver coin do you prefer?

Kristofer

Silver Coins  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which Do You Prefer?(Assume your favorite date for each)

• American Silver Eagle
    • Canadian Maple Leaf
    • Chinese Silver Panda

Also, leave your reason for your preference if you have one. I like them all but my favorite is the Panda because It looks so terribly nice.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, no love for Canada. They have a very nice coin. I'm sure someone will go to bat.

[update]: I'm glad someone went to bat, good job.

OOOOoo, ASE and Panda are tied. I'll be excited to see the results tomorrow.

[update]: I like giving the play by play, as I made this message someone voted for ASE, this puts the ASE ahead by 17%. You can literally feel the tension in the room, who will walk away with this win? We'll see tomorrow.

Sure! Just remember, especially with the pandas that there is much more artwork out there but I'll post what I can find.

cns2006panda_1kg.jpgagml.jpg2007_American_Eagle_Silver_.jpg

Try not to go based solely off of these images. I just grabbed what google could find. So there may be some unfair representation.

They're all beautiful but I went with the ASE. I've always loved Liberty Walking Halfs -- used to get them in change as a kid. I wish we had more classic Liberty type designs on our coins.

My favourite silver coin is the Anglo-Saxon penny, but modern society calls and I went with the Eagle thanks to Art!!

Clive.

Personally I am not a big fan of royalty on coinage so I went with the ASE, but my favorite design has to be the Mexican onza/Libertad, that's a gorgeous design! Lettered edge extra thick from 1982-89, reeded edge from 1990 on, and redesigned to reduce thickness and increase diameter to be the same as the ASE from 1996 on. Here is an image of the first type:

1985m1onzaobv.JPG

1985m1onzarev.JPG

I like the ASE and have a few, but the Panda is real close. I als have 1 MapleLeaf and I love the leaf pattern, but the other side is kind of plain.

Yeah, I agree, it is a bit plain.

none of them do it for me to be hoenst but ASE for the pretty nice walking lady and the eagle aint half bad :ninja:.

ussilverround.jpg

ussilverroundd1.jpg

ussilverroundd2.jpg

The silver coins I like the most are the ones that are worth FAAAAR more than ASW

I can't stand pandas, I went for the Eagle as it is a true collectors' coin :ninja:

I have to say I'm very surprised at the result, and it makes me happy to know that I mainly own ASEs! I would like to see more votes just to see if the landslide continues. Does anyone have any other coins that they think would be a good contender in this category, like the libertad?

Guest Sasquatch
Personally I am not a big fan of royalty on coinage so I went with the ASE, but my favorite design has to be the Mexican onza/Libertad, that's a gorgeous design! Lettered edge extra thick from 1982-89, reeded edge from 1990 on, and redesigned to reduce thickness and increase diameter to be the same as the ASE from 1996 on. Here is an image of the first type:

Yeah, as much as I like the SAE, I would vote for the Libertad/Onza over it. The reverse you show is one of my favorite designs and the obverse is, of course, typically beautiful.

Yeah, as much as I like the SAE, I would vote for the Libertad/Onza over it. The reverse you show is one of my favorite designs and the obverse is, of course, typically beautiful.

I agree, I go for the better looking woman, no matter what her nationality:) Si, porque La Mejicana es muy bonita :ninja:

Archived