CoinPeople.com

Which silver coin do you prefer?

Kristofer

Silver Coins  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which Do You Prefer?(Assume your favorite date for each)

• American Silver Eagle
    • Canadian Maple Leaf
    • Chinese Silver Panda

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually double the years, more like over a 1000.

There has often been portraits on our coins since Offa's reign, 8th C so about 1300 years.

Clive.

Ah well I knew it was a long while ago ;)

We have only had Presidents on our obverses for about a fifth of that amount of time and I already hate them. ;)

Only Lady Liberty belongs on coins, not corpse presidents. :ninja:

I agree, I just don't get the presidential thing, either have Washington on them all (seeing as he was your first president) or none at all. Lady Liberty should definately be on the obverse side of all coins, in fact IMHO I think ALL US coins need a rething except for the ASE here which is a beauty

The ASE is a beautiful coin and a great way to own some silver, but I really like the recent British silver crown sized offerings, especially the 2004.

(First post, I found this forum while researching Swiss Shooting Medals, happy to be here!)

The ASE is a beautiful coin and a great way to own some silver, but I really like the recent British silver crown sized offerings, especially the 2004.

(First post, I found this forum while researching Swiss Shooting Medals, happy to be here!)

Welcome to the forum hiho! I'm very impressed by that 2007 Britannia, I'll need to include that in my next poll!

• 2 weeks later...
Also, leave your reason for your preference if you have one. I like them all but my favorite is the Panda because It looks so terribly nice.

That's a very restricted choice of favourites!

If the choice is limited to silver bullion coins, then the Britannia, the Australian Kookaburras, Kangaroos, Koalas, and Chinese Lunar Calendar, the Mexican Onzas and Libertads should all be included, and of course, the new Austrian silver Philharmonic, only released 5 days ago, should all be included.

2008austria1euro50centsoneouncephilharmonicasilverobv400.jpg

Of these, I feel the Australian coins have the biggest variety of designs, and great production quality, and reasonable cost. The US and Canadian offers are cheap but very boring. The new Philharmonica is also likely to be a perpetually repeated design.

If you include non-bullion silver coins, then some of the ancient Greek coins should probably win on aesthetic appearance, Roman coins run a close second, and there are thousands of other contenders from all over the world for most of the past two thousand years.

Archived