CoinPeople.com

Where do you buy your coins?

Burks

Where do you mainly purchase your coins from?

Ebay?

Dealers?

The average-Joe?

Garage sales?

I've bought most of my coins from flea markets. They really aren't HIGH quality coins and are relatively cheap but I'm not in it as an investment or anything (yet). I just enjoy the fact I have the coins.

Ebay

Online Shops

Coinpeople

That's about it. I did buy 2 coins from a dealer here once but his shop sucks so I don't go back. They have a storefront but seem to be primarily an online shop. I've actually ordered coins from them over the internet. :ninja:

Guest Stujoe

I buy from a coule of online dealers, CoinPeeps, a local shop, a once a month large flea market at the fairgrounds that has 2 good dealers (out of about 5 or 6 that show up from time to time) and occasionally the US Mint and Ebay.

I purchase from ebay and a coin shop up the road called "The Silver Baron" in Alameda CA.

The owner of the Silver Baron is a good chap. he'll chat and rummage in his safe as I flip through his 2x2s. I have some coins from him i'll never sell because they look too darn cool. I have some I'm already replacing. most of my type set was purchased there.

My Avatar is a silver baron purchase. Hardly "high grade" but I like it a lot. I grade it as VG, although I see similar grades on ebay as Fine.

ebay: i purchase lots of "packaged" items. foreign mint and proof sets in the original sealed packet, for example. I've started slowly buying raw coins on ebay, but very slowly.

Coinpeople: one purchase so far, from blackhawk. Nice pair of seated liberty dimes at a good price.

I purchase most of my coins from ebay. I do purchase a few at our local show and some from folks here on CoinPeople.

:ninja:

Most of my purchases are from mints/numismatic offices and "online" dealers. I also check out local coin stores from time to time. Fellow collectors - to some extent. eBay - almost nil. Flea markets - well, maybe if I am on vacation and the weather is bad ;-)

Christian

I buy from two world dealers online who are more or less wholesalers, from people who come to my jewelry kiosk and to my setup at a rural flea market, and from a bullion dealer in Richmond who gets the most amazing variety of gold and silver coins and jewelry. I buy from members here and from jewelry repair customers, antique and junk dealers, and from pawnbrokers.

That's the short list of sources. There are other dealers online who provide small lots and singles from time to time. The list expands every year that I keep dealing in coins and jewelry.

Almost all of them from folks on this forum, with 90% of them from Blackhawk, and Ed. Where are they anyway, not much for sale lately :ninja:

I'm listing a few things but a large amount of my inventory is tied up in anticipation of a trade I've been working on. Bill has been kind of MIA lately. Wonder where he is?

I usually buy my coins from online auctions, such as ebay, swedish Tradera and finnish Huuto.net. Sometimes from antique shops and flea markets.

Recently, pawn shops, hoping to run into familiar pieces.

Hope you do find some of your collection again. When mine disappeared several years ago I did the same thing...hit the local pawn and coin shops. No luck though. :ninja:

On the other hand, I DID find and buy back a familiar coin on Ebay last fall, still in the same 2X2 with my handwriting on it. ;)

Jim

Did you inform the seller of that?

No, didn't bother. After 7 years there was no telling how many hands it had passed though. For the 140 bucks I paid for it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Of course, technically speaking, it wouldn't have been mine to claim anyway, but the insurance companies.

Jim

Century Coins (http://www.centurycoinspittsburgh.com/) is my main source for coins.  Everyone give Eileen's website a visit and recommend it for everyone.  And in the Pittsburgh area stop by, she is a square deal collector/dealer.

Ummmm, there is nothing there at the web site.

No inventory, no pictures.

New web site?

I do have a good dealer here in town I frequent. His high end pieces come as expected with high end prices, but you can hold them in your hand and evaluate yourself before you put the money down.

I buy from some of the dealers here at CP as well.

I get my best deals from some of the users here at CP, the price is always great. (Free)

I also use Alaska Coin Exchange as a reliable on-line dealer.

Then there is always eBay. Caveat Emptor.