CoinPeople.com

WINNER ANNOUNCED - Introducing my new website Coins4u.net + a small giveaway

Friends, numismatists, fellow collectors lend me your support.

After hearing many stories of your disillusionment and plight with one of the leading online trading community websites, and due to the fact that the leading online company in question doesn't have much of a serious competitor, I have designed and built a new website where you can buy and sell your coins or numismatic items.

I have built this site from the ground up with you the numismatist in mind.

It is easy and fun to use, free to join and free to list items for sale. The only charge is a modest 4% to the seller on the final sale price of any items sold.

I think you'll agree that 4% is very reasonable and I plan to use most of any monies made to invest in advertising the site. Hopefully this will be the catalyst for a virtuous circle leading to increasing numbers of buyers and sellers.

I am currently going to have a banner on a few coin forums and a couple of dealer sites, and I am planning on a colour advertisement in Coin News (UK) in the next couple of months.

I am dedicated to this project 100% and with your backing I'm sure we can make it a success.

29v0vgo.jpg

Now for the giveaway.

It is open to any member of the forum. To enter for a chance to win the coin pictured below:

iz2mf9.jpg

simply post a comment in this thread.

The giveaway will this time next week, where I will put all the entry names into a hat and my wife will draw out one lucky winner.

Thank you,

Hus

Best of luck with this site Hus, I know that I shall indeed be using it and I'm sure that many members here will use it too.

I hope the site is a great success. Looks like some nice coins on there to start with. I'm tempted to bid on a a few of those florin.

Thanks. In case anyone was wondering:

Current listing types are:

Auction Listing Format

Dutch Auction Listing Format

Reverse Auction Listing Format

Fixed Price Listing Format

Allow sellers to specify Start Date

You also get 6 free picture uploads.

Free to join.

As mentioned listing is free.

I have also a added a store option for those of you that would like to set up your own store.

Fee's for creating a store are:

Fee for creating a store front: 5 United Kingdom Pounds - GBP

Store Monthly (Monthly store fee): 5 United Kingdom Pounds - GBP

Wow! That's quite an accomplishment/undertaking! Congrats!

I have two concerns - the same two reasons I've never used eBay

1) How do you guarantee my privacy, security, etc?

2) How will you help crack down on forgeries, etc?

I know those are big questions, but I was just curious.

Thanks for the giveaway too, I plan to browse your site right now

Big task you've set for yourself, but with enough support from forum members, I think you can enjoy a little success someday. I've already bookmarked it.

I'd also like to echo the concerns of thedeadpoint. It only takes on bad egg to ruin it for everyone else. If you can do it (and do it right), then you will certainly have support from legit buyers and sellers.

Wow! That's quite an accomplishment/undertaking! Congrats!

I have two concerns - the same two reasons I've never used eBay

1) How do you guarantee my privacy, security, etc?

2) How will you help crack down on forgeries, etc?

I know those are big questions, but I was just curious.

Thanks for the giveaway too, I plan to browse your site right now

Some good questions Dead point:

1)We use a secure server, but as you know there is no such thing as a 100% secure server.

Many sites you join will ask for a name, address and email as standard and this is all we require for joining.

We are minimising security risks by NOT asking for any card or bank details.

When you come to pay for a coin you will, need to pay for the coin as stated by the seller ie:

PAYMENT DETAILS

Payment Details: Coins will be posted when payment is received. I prefer PayPal, but do accept Personal cheque, Postal Order or Banker's Draft.

We do not handle, or transfer money for the buyer or the seller.

If for instance you choose to Pay the seller via PayPal, then that will be done out with of our site.

If you owe the Coins4.net (Ltd) any money for items sold:

Payment methods accepted:

PayPal, Cheque and Direct Bank Transfer

If sending money directly form bank to bank. Our bank details are:

Bank name: Lloyds TSB

Account Name: Coins 4 U LTD

Bank Account number: 0795730

Sort code: 302588

Coins 4 U Ltd (Coins4u.net) is a registered company:

Company No. 343008

Registered at Companies House, Edinburgh, the 16th May 2008

The postal address and email you provide when joining up will only be provided to a seller if you are succesfull and you win one of their items, so they can post the said item to you.

2)We are keen to keep the sale of forged, counterfeit and fake coins which are being sold as the real thing to a minimum. We realise it may be impossible to stop all such items being listed but as an when we are alerted to them we will make a judgement and if the item is indeed the above it will be removed, and the seller warned, suspended or banned.

If you see a coin that is suspect you can email: fakes@coins4u.net

I already have quite a bit of knowledge and the backing and help of some dealer friends if I need advise. If the site does get busy I would like to hire experienced collectors/ experts as a judge in their particular type of field, who could asses a coin and delete the said sale or auction if appropriate.

Thanks for your question and I hope that my answers help.

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

Hus

What a great idea! I hope it works out (no real reason why it shouldn't) and that you'll become a MILLIONAIRE in the process and can give us lots of nifty giveaways like this one :ninja:

What a great idea! I hope it works out (no real reason why it shouldn't) and that you'll become a MILLIONAIRE in the process and can give us lots of nifty giveaways like this one :ninja:

Gotta love TG's view on life... ;)

Best of luck Hus.

I will be watching closely.

Ebay took a while to take hold (with numismatics).

Even though I don't sell on Ebay (at present) I'm tempted to give you a few BIN's :ninja:

Best of luck Hus.

I will be watching closely.

Ebay took a while to take hold (with numismatics).

Even though I don't sell on Ebay (at present) I'm tempted to give you a few BIN's :ninja:

Thanks it would be much appreciated Peter. In fact if everyone here could join and list 1 oe 2 items it would soon be a busy and great site.

Thank you all for your support.

PLEASE NOTE:

For our foreign (non UK) members.

I have now added a currency converter to show you roughly how many Dollars, Euro's etc there are to the pound.

It can be accessed at the bottom of the homepage.

Although I can't guarantee it's 100% accurate, It will be updated daily.

Thanks,

Hus

Some good questions Dead point:

-

Thanks for your question and I hope that my answers help.

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

Hus

:ninja:

Seriously, thank you for your answers. I've been very cautious about any online spending and PayPal is still a foreign concept to me. I didn't realize it was useful in that sense.

As for the forgeries, sounds good. I'm glad that you care about the quality of coins and will help police the lots!

George

Nice work! I've put up some common stuff (in Lithuania) for sale. For every sold coin I will insert another 10 auctions ;) I like the way site works; quite easy and user friendly.

Now, some things for you to consider:

• Under My account in "summary" I would like to be able to click on the links like on the menu on the left.
  • The currency switcher from the very bottom should be put up at the very top of the site. If you expect foregin visitors, they will need this and believe me nobody sees stuff that is the very bottom of the site.
  • Some European countries can also be found under World coins categories list, which makes navigation a bit complicated.
  • I see nothing done with SEO. Competition is pretty tough within auctions, so you should start working on this :ninja: Traffic from search engines should be the main referer to your site.
  • And and and..

Good luck,

Saras

Thank you all for the positive comments, suggestions ( I will consider them all and no doubt implement some) and thanks to all of you that have listed.

I have advertised on some forums and I plan on advertising in Coin News magazine as well as google ads and targeting search engines soon.

Regards,

Hus

You can now list in different currencies including the US Dollar:

http://www.coins4u.net/detail.asp?id=147

http://www.coins4u.net/detail.asp?id=146

The GBP you see is only the rough conversion as the site's primary currency is the GBP. The bidders however can only bid using multiples of the currency stated by the seller.

Thanks,

Hus

Archived