CoinPeople.com

Just won this on ebay.

ovrundr

Not sure what it's really worth. Only had 1 minute to bid when I found it. Min bid was 9.99 with 3 shipping. Figured I couldn't loss too much at that price. And I really like the train on the reverse.

Obverse

canadianDollar1.jpg

Reverse

canadianDollar2.jpg

Can't wait to see it up close and personal.

:ninja:

Nice coin, ovrundr. It commemorates The Act of Parliament passed to permit the building of the Trans-Canada railway in 1881.

Canadian Pacific Railway was founded in 1881 to build a railway linking Canada's eastern population centres with the vast, unpopulated West. This huge engineering feat was completed on 1885 when the last spike was driven into the rail line at British Columbia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_transport_in_Canada

Wow ... that is a beauty :ninja:

i just got a bunch of these the other day actually.. i dunno how many 81's there are but they're all easy on the eyes.... anywhere from 73 to 98, if you want one lemme know :-D

in fact here's a whole run of dates i've got on ebay if you're interested in these.. i like em, nice designs and they're 50% silver.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...0&category=3379

sorry about the pluggin :ninja:

Got it in the mail today and it looks just as purty up close and personal as it did in the picture.

Now I'll have to start looking for moe coins with trans.

:ninja:

There's a Mexican coin with a railroad on it, 5 pesos 1950, below is the image, not a very good one but the coin is very nice:

ferro9sp.png

I also remember that Albania has a really big silver coin with a railroad, that has a hole.

Archived