Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice solids See. The lions are not just prominent in HK, but also in China - even in jadeite, bronze, granite etc - they are regarded as good omen for business - like prosperity insurance in the form of integrity. I remember seeing them in various places like hotels, banks etc.

Nice solids See. The lions are not just prominent in HK, but also in China - even in jadeite, bronze, granite etc - they are regarded as good omen for business - like prosperity insurance in the form of integrity. I remember seeing them in various places like hotels, banks etc.

P.F.Chang's :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo! I'm pretty jazzed about this note: 1923 red seal note. This will complete my US $1 type set from 1899-present. Though I'd like to have the experimental R and S notes, they cost is pretty high, so I likely won't get them. A Barr note would be nice someday but as for types, this is the last one I need. I'm going on an extended weekend and when I get back it should be here waiting for me!

** Edit ** Updated photo

2ekukoy.jpg

** Edit ** Updated dancing banana to show how red I am after hiking in the southwestern US Desert for a week. Sunscreen is your fiend!

:ninja:

Been through Hagerstown a few times, it is in a very lovely part of Maryland near the Appalachians. Back during the time those notes were being issued Hagerstown was the transit point for a lot of trade betwixt the east coast of the USA and the Ohio valley area. The city was also an important locale for staging battles of the Civil War, notably Antietam.

Very nice notes everyone. I'm collecting some notes but only $1s and only from circulation.

Did you happen to find any of the 2009 series $1 notes yet? I see them from time to time at work but I'm waiting to get a couple sequential crisp UNCS when we get some packs in. We haven't gotten much in the way of new $1's lately; we will likely get some later in the year though.

Did you happen to find any of the 2009 series $1 notes yet? I see them from time to time at work but I'm waiting to get a couple sequential crisp UNCS when we get some packs in. We haven't gotten much in the way of new $1's lately; we will likely get some later in the year though.

Nothing on 2009s yet. I'm currently working on 2006 Series. Doing a full District/Block set.

usa191450dtl.jpg

usafrn501914.jpg

My earliest FRN, and first large sized FRN that I have owned since I was a kid. Talk about the colonialist imagery used on this note, the USA had "leased" the Panama Canal Zone when Panama was assisted in it's independence efforts from Colombia in 1903. By 1914 the Canal had been completed and the USA had it's colonial crown jewel, in the age of empires and colonial expansion, the Canal Zone was a strategic military and commercial prize that paled European powers colonial possessions in Latin America, Africa and Asia.