CoinPeople.com

Coins on Your Desk Right Now?

Scottishmoney

Right now I have a very small 1878 Morgan Dollar, must have been one of those early 1980's things that was sold for a dollar, and a 1969 ANA Medal with the Liberty Cap Design that should have been on the Dollar coin in 1979. They actually have been around here for awhile, for some reason they stay here. The only note is a 10 Pesos from the Dominican Republic, someone in Florida keeps sending Latin American currency as Christmas cards :ninja:

have a little tupperware bowl full of 2x2 coins that I have received over the last year or so that haven't been scanned, cataloged, and placed into the proper folders, YET! A stack of about 10-12 20 pocket pages full of French coins that I need to get shipped out to Ohio, one of these days. A stack of Hungarian notes that I need to scan for BanknoteBank, one of these days, and a tub full of extras I probably ought to try and list here or on AuctionMonster, just to get them gone and get a little cash-flow, one of these days.

Hmm ... 1925-s Lincoln I got in change last week. That's all. I'm surprised :ninja:

Roll of Canadian cents

3/4 roll of wheaties

a nice Kansas wooden nickel

a $7.00 stack of Kenndy Half Dollars

a small bag of silver Roos

Some elongated cents

s stack of coins/medals from vaious countries

a partial 1981 Mint Set

an ANA Convention travel pass

Some 2006 short snorters

A box of banknotes that have been scanned

a package of banknotes that have not been scanned

a box with my 2x2 supplies

--- actually it's pretty clean for a change.

No coins at all. I am a very tidy and organized girl. I do keep a "coin album" on my desk that has plastic sleeves that hold 6 2x2's per page and that is where I keep my loose coins. I have not labeled each individual 2x2 yet with my labeler, but that is all I have to do. I just keep the little album with me all the time and show off what is in it to friends whether they are interested or not!

A few choice items namely;

1) A fake 1988 £1 coin

2) Some George VI cupronickel shillings and sixpences

3) A pile of Decimal coins for Kuhli

4) A few silver Washers and Roosies

5) A pile of assorted coins in 2x2s that need breaking out

6) A glass jar, well restrained with leather straps that kinda jingles when it moves, currently muzzled to prevent it from biting anyone...

some French coins that need to be taken out of some plastic

Hmmm, that sounds familiar... :ninja:

Canada 1945 10 cents

Canada 1966 10 cents

Canada 1967 bunny nickel

Canada 2005 V-nickel

Canada 1962 quarter

Canada 2004 poppy quarter

Canada 2004 sail boat quarter

Canada 2005 veteran quarter

Canada 1957 50 cents

Canada 1945 50 cents

2002 Oh Canada set

USA 1907 Quarter

Ziploc baggie with Yugoslavian coins

The Netherlands 1968 10 gulden note

20 pocket 2x2 page with various 1966 coins

Great question! I don't keep coins on my desk, but I have two places where coins linger. First, is one of those little boxes that people give you to put cuff links (don't own any) and stuff (like coins) in - that's on my dresser. The second is a glass coaster or ashtray or dish or something in the kitchen next to a couple of coffee cans that serve as change collectors.

Now to go look - the first one has....

6 Oregon SQs all P mint - AU/BU - when these first come out and I notice, I save a couple because they're new. Then I save a couple because I keep thinking that I will trade with someone who gets a lot of D-mints (I don't) but doesn't find the P-mints like I do.

3 Kansas SQs, P-mint - same deal as above

1 WV SQ P-mint - same deal as above

2001-D NC SQ - because I need a couple early SQ D-mints and I can't remember which ones so when I see a D-mint it lingers (I don't need that one BTW).

1 2005-P Ocean in View Jefferson because I don't see them too often.

2 2004-P Keelboat Jefferson, same deal as above

1956-P Jefferson, because coins that are 50 years old should not be circulating around me.

1962-D Jefferson, because at first glance the D looked funny - viewing through a loop, it is not a RPM - just a bit bashed

1970-S Jefferson, because I don't see S mint marks in circulation very often.

Ok now for the one in the kitchen...

2 2005-P Buffalo Jefferson because an AU looks better than the buisness BUs that I have a few rolls of.

A nameco game token - no idea where that came from

1940 Jefferson - 66 years old!

1959-D Jefferson

1947-S Jefferson - a great circulation find

1978 Jefferson - no idea why that's there

1962-D Jefferson

1973 Jefferson

3 2005 Zincolns - probably from when 2005s first started showing up

1966 Lincoln with a ton of luster but scruffy

1990 Zincoln with some bubbling on the top layer such that there is a dot where a MM might be - caught my eye

1970-S - mint mark thing again

1945, 1949, 1944-D, 1948, 1957, 1958 Lincoln - I love getting wheaties in change

1960-D Lincoln, small date

1951, 1987 Swiss 20 (francs?) - someone must have given these to me

1971 1/2 Fr Swiss

1975 Netherlands 10 cent - very small - don't know where I got it

2003 Euro 5 Cent (theater mask - don't know where that is from)

I suppose I should spend some of these and do something with the others....but I will let them linger for a while - nothing is overflowing.

Some non-US minors [German 1, 5 and 10 pfg.'s, etc.] and a really nice old US cent-sized token.

On one side it says "Anhauser-Busch Brewing Ass'n" the other side has the well-known eagle-in-A logo for A-B and the date...1880.

When I get a chance, I'll scan it and upload it.

[i know, I know, another one of my promises to "scan-and-upload..."] I

Being new and all to coin collecting. I have a single 1943d that will be going out in the mail tomorrow to a fellow CP'er. Actually me and the other coinmonster have been thinking about getting out of this hobby. The last few "deals" havn't been to kind to me at all. That's the way it goes though with whatever you get into.

Being new and all to coin collecting. I have a single 1943d that will be going out in the mail tomorrow to a fellow CP'er. Actually me and the other coinmonster have been thinking about getting out of this hobby. The last few "deals" havn't been to kind to me at all. That's the way it goes though with whatever you get into.

Don't let a few bad experiences turn you off. Learn from it. Eventually you will get to the point where you'll learn a lot and you won't have so many troubles anymore.

My Anglo-Saxon sceatta and Celtic stater. Plus a limes denarius and an AE commemorating Constantinople.

On my workstation desk I have a laptop with a Microsoft contour keyboard attached. On the laptop (HP Pavilion), I have --

RIGHT of brushpad:

A Bolsward token

Greece 5 Drachma 1982 ARISTOTLE

Greece 10 Drachma 1976 DEMOCRITUS

1-oz silver bar "Bah! Humbug!" Scrooge with money bag.

LEFT of brushpad:

18k Sphinx charm

18k dollar sign charm

40 gram silver round SIR ISAAC NEWTON

Cut wedge third of 1-oz "World Trade & Commerce" round (memento from working with two other technical writers in 1991-1993.)

10 x duplicates, walking liberty $1/2's that i've been toying with selling for a couple of years now.

a pile of 2005 UK coins that will end up as gifts somewhere down the line

a couple of 1999 £2 (ditto)

a pile of UK 1/4's i've been sorting through (ditto)

a pile of silver 3d's i've been sorting through (ditto)

11 x ancient Ae's that are identifiable...just I haven't found the right reference in the past 10 years. Either that or I blinked and missed it. I'll check them again in another 10 years or so.

a dozen or so duplicate silver jetons that i'll probably sell when I can get motivated to do so.

some gold coins i'm definitely intending selling (not bullion) when I can get myself motivated to do so.

one of those tubes full of wheat cents

various UK commem. £2 and 50p coins that I will probably just end up spending.

various duplicate french coins that I must dispose of

Ian

`well and truly cluttered'

Hehe, I had to clean off my desk recently for another project so only an 1806 1/2 Batzen from the Canton of Vaud. Decent condition but nothing that Swiss collectors are going to drool over. :ninja:

Usually I have over 200 coins or medals on my desk at a time but they went into a storage box and got put in the safe. I'm so lazy I haven't gotten the box back out now that I got my desk back...

Archived