CoinPeople.com

1 year aniversary giveaway SIGNUP CLOSED

Thursday July 22, 2004 was the day I signed up at CoinPeople.com.

To commemorate that, I'm organizing this giveaway.

What do I give away?

An original Dutch euro starter's kit, also known as a Zalm-kit, named after the finance minister at the time this kit was introduced.

It's a set of all 8 euro coin denominations, in a cardboard folder with some information of the coins.

NLeurokit.jpg

These sets were given away by our government end of 2001, one to each registered person in the Netherlands. This way we could get used to the euro coins. (Ha, many of us are still not used to them...)

This one is still sealed, has never been opened. Since the Netherlands started minting euro coins in 1999, I have no idea which dates will be on the coins, as they're not visible from the outside.

I will also (gently :ninja:) throw in one of the new silver "peace fiver" euro commems that will be issued August 16.

VredesVijfje_BIG.jpg

How can you participate in this giveaway?

I'll play copy cat here: post your name / ID here and tell us why you think you should win this coin and starter's kit. Signup closes at August 5, at 9 PM Central European Time. I've deliberately given two weeks to sign up, because it's vacation time.

When signup is closed, I will create a poll with all names and reasons and all members can vote for the person they prefer or the reason they think is best. I will not vote until the poll is closed. I will only vote if there is no single winner and I will use a random generator or a dice to determine the winning vote.

So let's get this going

I forgot the exact date of my registration on coinpeople.com, but it is 21 or 23 july 2004. Maybe Stujoe help me to remember... So it is a good reason to win this contest... at my one year anniversary.

Anyway, congrats for contest ( I forget frequently anniversary dates... :ninja: )

I am coinpeople citizen #20 banivechi

Guest Stujoe
I forgot the exact date of my registration on coinpeople.com, but it is 21 or 23 july 2004. Maybe Stujoe help me to remember...

Survey says...

02 Jul 2004 (385 Days)

:ninja:

I should win this contest cuz its why I'm here. And if thats not a good enough reason I should win so Stujoe dosen't cuz his reason is really lame.

Thanks

I'll play copy cat here: post your name / ID here and tell us why you think you should win this coin and starter's kit. Signup closes at August 5, at 9 PM Central European Time. I've deliberately given two weeks to sign up, because it's vacation time.

why should i win? hrm. because i don't have any business-strike dutch euros--all i have are commemoratives. help me diversify! :ninja:

I would love to win the starter kit because I never was able to get one here. What few were offered went like lightning.

As for the coin, well I do go out dancing at clubs occasionally. :ninja: I would love to have a disco-ball coin for my collection! The more the merrier!

You picked a wonderful prize that I would be proud to own and display, telling my family and friends the wonderful story behind where I got it from and whom and what Coinpeople is all about, and, and, and, CAUSE I LOVE SPARKLIES AND OOOOOOOOOOOOO THE SPARKLIE, HOW IT SPARKLES, HYPNOTIZES...MUST HAVE SPARKLIE, FIND TRANTOR, GET SPARKLIE...

I'd like to win the giveaway because I've never had a coin featuring a woman wearing a hemmoroid donut on her head before.

I would like to win these coins because my son said to say that the dimples on the coin look like the same ones from a golf ball. Then he preceeded to tell me that if I won, I could give all the coins to him for his collection. So much for me getting to win and keep them.

Archived