CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Daughter is getting good at this. Today she brought me a 1934 Buffalo nickel with full date and 1/4 Balboa, Panama that she pulled from her cash drawer at ChuckE's. I got a Canadian Tombac out of the CoinStar this morning.

Those are pretty nice finds from circulation! Especially that tombac. The color alone makes that very different than circulating pieces.

Cashed in $50 worth of accumulated searched cents a couple of weeks ago and got $10 back for searching. All (100%) were pre-82 coppers ; ). Must have been stashed in the back of the vault for awhile. About 15 wheaties and about 20 bright red and shiney. Pretty neat.

All were wrapped/taped in old rolls from a bank in Cinncin,,, how they got into a bank in Tn is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hit the coin slot of the USA Today outside work today (this is a regular score for me, I get at least 1 quarter a week, usually more). Lo and behold, we have a winner. Tossed it into my pocket without checking. Got home, and went to toss it into my jar, checking it first, as I am gathering some SQ for a British trading friend. Not a state quarter ;), not a silver quarter, either ;). Not even a US quarter :lol: Yep a Canadian quarter. :cry:. Not a normal caribou quarter that I am used to seeing, but rather a 2005 Saskatchewan quarter :ninja: . Which reminds me... one of the waiters got a Canadian $5 note for a tip, so swapped him for a US$5. He thinks he got the better end of that deal, but I got the hockey note, so I was happy.

• 3 weeks later...